• April 24, 2024, 04:11:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 on WOL - I really tried!  (Read 2533 times)

ghingy

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 on WOL - I really tried!
« on: September 22, 2010, 09:18:52 PM »

Hi,

I am trying to get Wake on LAN work on my PC but it does not seem to work. I have read as many post as I can related to this and noticed many had success with this router. In the process, I have learnt more about router that i ever did in my life! I believe I am very close to getting this work but need some help.

I am on a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 x64 and using d-link DIR-655 firrmware 1.21. Also disabled windows firewall.

1) I know WOL works because it wakes up the computer when i wake it via the Iphone connected to the same Network.

2) however, when using the Internet, it wont work. I have enabled this in Virtual Server and also tried Port Forwarding both on Port 7 and 9.
I checked the logged and I know the magic packet is coming thru as its not being blocked in the log file. I tried this with some random port eg 99 and can see this being blocked on the log file.
But I noticed that when I used some online website to check if port 7 or 9 is blocked, it shows that it's blocked even tho the router log file doesn't indicate the packet is blocked by the router.

However, from this point on, it seems like the router is not sending the packet to my PC.
On the Virtual Server, i tried IP address 192.168.0.122 (my target pc) or 192.168.0.127 to broadcast all.

My network settings are:

router ip add: 192.168.0.1
subnet mask: 255.255.255.128

dhcp ip address range: 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.126

Please help me as i really like to have WOL working. Its so frustrating after spending so much effort trying to get this work but just not really have sufficient knowledge to solve this problem.

Thanks again for any help. :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:04:15 PM by ghingy »

ghingy

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-655 on WOL - I really tried!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 05:04:21 AM »

I finally got this to work over the Internet, however i noticed a strange behavior of the router.

What I did was use the same port as Utorrent is using and it seems to work.

Lets say Utorrent uses port 1234.

With Utorrent turn on, I can see port 1234 open in http://www.canyouseeme.org/

however, port 7 or 9 is still closed even tho in virtual server, or portforwarding settings, I set the Inbound Filter to Allow All.

Can someone please advise if I am portforwarding correctly? Thanks

Tonytoronto

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-655 on WOL - I really tried!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:13:23 PM »

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22315056-DIR655-Virtual-Server-broadcast-address-in-131

maybe that link will help you. No longer using the 655, but the last post did help with a problem i had similar to yours.