• April 18, 2024, 10:48:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Timed Automatic E-Mailing of Snapshots - How to Set-Up on DCS-6620G  (Read 2705 times)

SamLaw

• Level 1 Member

Could someone please advise of the correct steps to set up the DCS-6620G internal web server to e-mail out snapshots at predefined time intervals?

So far, in the  camera's internal web server's advanced tab, on the Mail & FTP button, I have input my e-mail address, the incoming mail server name and incoming mail server port, for my ISP's e-mail service.   I noticed that the default port number, in the camera's web server was different than the incoming mail server port number assigned by my ISP.  Which port number needs to be input (I used the port number assigned by my ISP)?

In the Camera's web server's timer tab, I have clicked the boxes for the days of the week and entered time ranges during which the snapshots are to be taken, and input in seconds the time interval between snaphsots.

However, I have not been able to have any snapshots taken automatically and none seem to have been e-mailed out.

Instructions on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Timed Automatic E-Mailing of Snapshots - How to Set-Up on DCS-6620G
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »

Does you smtp server use port 25 and does it use any authentication such as ssl?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream