The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-936L

DCS-936L - Firmware 1.06.01 released (Official KRACK release)

<< < (3/6) > >>

gary6618092:
Instructions From GreenBay42 Worked.
The Chrome Browser Did Not Work > Used Internet Explorer To Downgrade The Firmware
Connecting To The Camera Via 10.255.255.1 >> Log Into The Web Portal > Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade >  I Did See That Version 1.06.xx Was Loaded But Unable To "Add Camera" To My Account (The Original Issue) > Select The Extracted  "BIN" File" (Version 1.05.xx) From The Downloaded Archive > Upload The Firmware > Then Let The Camera Reboot On Its Own > Let The Timer Count Down.
I Rebooted The Camera A Second Time > Then Using My iPhone >  Re-added The Camera > Fixed.
Thanks GreenBay42  ;>

FYI This Is The Archive You Need To Download And Extract To A Folder On The Wireless Computer..
DCS-936L_REVA_FIRMWARE_v1.05.07

Hope Not Too Many Cameras Down Because Of The 1.06.xx Firmware !!!!

py2000:
I have also successfully rolled back firmware following GreenBay42's instructions with a wireless computer then connected the camera to my wifi network and added it back to my account using Mydlink Lite app.  It took me a few more tries as I only let it reboot on its own after the firmware update/downgrade and the setup process would be stuck after changing the camera's password and setting the time zone.  After resetting and rebooting the camera again, I was able to complete the whole setup process and added the camera back to my account.

Gooner21:
I'm at work will try when I get home....I cant see the camera anymore in https://www.mydlink.com/device (it was deleted when trying to re-ad)

Is it going to work if its been deleted from my cameras ??

--- Quote from: GreenBay42 on May 10, 2018, 02:52:31 PM ---Looks like there is something with the encryption. Do NOT WPS it. The camera is NOT bricked.

Do you have a wireless computer? If so, set the IP settings to DHCP. Connect your wireless adapter to the SSID listed on the camera label (and listed password). Your computer will pull an IP address 10.255.255.xxx. Open a browser and go to http://10.255.255.1 and log in to the camera (admin / blank) and then downgrade the firmware.

After the firmware downgrade you can set up normally using the mydlink app or through the GUI.

--- End quote ---

Gooner21:
Cheers guys, followed a bit of all the info in the previous posts and im now back to the good firmware and camera is again set up....Cheers

GreenBay42:
Sorry for the inconvenience. Glad you all got it back to 1.05.

EDIT: Heard back that WPA2 with AES-only is the problem. If your router supports/you set it to WPA2 with AES/TKIP it will work. D-LInk is currently fixing this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version