• March 28, 2024, 07:32:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Change of LAN IP causes total reset  (Read 7238 times)

petteyg359

Change of LAN IP causes total reset
« on: November 10, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »

I just got a Rev A DIR-615. Changing settings for anything works fine. Until I try to change the LAN IP to 192.168.1.1 that is. When I change that and hit 'save', the router does a 60-second reboot, and when it comes back, every setting is back to factory default. Anybody else experience this? I'm using the latest (1.10) firmware.

Canuck77

Re: Change of LAN IP causes total reset
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 08:01:31 AM »

No - you aren't the only one - and I've got a Rev A 615 (1.10 firmware) as well.

My issue (which is why I registered on the forums) isn't specific to changing the LAN IP, but rather that the box will either reset itself to factory or - often - just "hang" after bootup indefinitely until I have to reset it.

Have you called D-Link about it yet? I got mine mail order, so I was just going to call them and try to RMA it (maybe rev B doesn't have the issue?) instead of dealing with the mail-order company.

petteyg359

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »

I got mine at Radio Shack. Am seriously considering returning it as it has revealed its software to be a POS. The range and signal strength are amazing, I just wish the dang software worked. I've recently started getting 'Disconnecting (deauth) wireless client: ffffffffffff (Reason3)' and then it goes on with the same message for every wireless MAC connected and drops them. This is happening every 5 minutes now.

Canuck77

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 04:45:58 AM »

Yep - I have that in my logs, as well.

I think it's telling that the D-Link technical reps don't frequent this particular board. They're very often in the other product areas, but not here.

D-Link: Should we be calling to RMA our product, then, or...?

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:13:04 AM »

Look to browser cache. Also make sure that you release and renew your ip address before attempting to log in to the device.

Canuck77

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:31:29 AM »

I think you might have responded to the wrong topic.

How does seeing errors in the log and having configurations resetting have anything to do with a browser cache?

Again, two issues:

1) Configuration resets itself (often after a long period of hanging during power startup).

2) We see frequent "'Disconnecting (deauth) wireless client: ffffffffffff (Reason3)" messages in the logs (which continue to occur, and we're able to log into the device (etc, etc, etc).

Can you help?