• March 28, 2024, 03:22:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 Firmware Upgrade  (Read 14206 times)

jobshopr

DIR-615 Firmware Upgrade
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:10:03 PM »

My router has a new firmware out now, 2.21, but I can't upgrade to it.
I have tried on two different DIR-615 (revB2) routers to upgrade the firmware and it always fails.
The link to the latest firmware on the router is also wrong because it points to the DIR-625 firmware.

When I filed a support email about this problem I got a canned reply that I should upgrade the firmware!
Duhhh.  That's my problem!

Anyone else having this issue?
So far this router has just been useless.  I even returned my first one and now I'm about to return this one.
It always seems to drop my connections or not work at all.  I had to turn N off just to get connected to it.
I have 3 D-Link clients.  One b, one g, and one n. They all have issues with this router.

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-615 Firmware Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »

When you are trying to upload the firmware, are you trying it from the same PC?
If so, do you have any anti-virus / firewall software running?

Sometimes this can interfere with uploading firmwares...

jobshopr

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »

I tried turning off the Antivirus and firewall.
Still doesn't work.
I also tried it from 2 different PCs, both directly connected with a CAT5 cable.

I also tried moving the router away from all other electronics.
It still seem to drop connections, but I'm starting to suspect that my DWA-130 may be half my problem.
It's been dropping my connection when it gets hot. (I have a post for that too)
If I unplug it and it cools, then it works again.  Nice..

Alex Molina

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:38:43 AM »

It seems i can be a issue with maybe the firmware file it self try to update to a different version or maybe the same version you have right now just so we can check that if it updates the firmware it will be a issue on the new firmware file and we will need to check it
thanks

virginiatc

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »

I got it to work by shutting down all other connected PCs, then turning off/on the router.

Metanoia

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »

I had the same difficulty going from rev_B 2.21 (shipped firmware) to 2.25. I tried using IE from our network's wired PC about six times, failed each time. Tried Firefox a couple of times, same go. Waited a few hours, went back and tried from Firefox first, using same wired PC - it uploaded. Go figure. With new firmware, page loads seem faster. Maybe just my imagination?