• April 18, 2024, 03:36:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Video recording?  (Read 6404 times)

hotprowl

• Level 1 Member
Video recording?
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »

Wil the camera only record to an SD card or can I have it record to the hard drive on my computer?  I'm trying to figure out how to get it to record and not having much luck.

jims123

• Level 1 Member
Re: Video recording?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »

Wil the camera only record to an SD card or can I have it record to the hard drive on my computer?  I'm trying to figure out how to get it to record and not having much luck.

I should'nt be answering because I just got my cam and havent put a chip in it, or had time to play with it..  but looking thru this forum and the docs I have seen .. the DCS-942L is designed to recors viseo and or snapshots ( and perhaps both) to an internal MicroSD memory chip .. perhaps CLASS 4 or better not sure but i also see where a tech support rep said it would handle a large 32 Gig Chip..  it may be possibel to ftp a capture file to a NAS (networked hard drive).. but I'm not planning to attempt that.   How are you doing Getting yours working?    Regards, JimS

hotprowl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »

Not having any luck.  ot a 32gb micro SD card, and it just knocks the camera offline.  Pull it out, and the camera is fine again.

hobozombie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »

I am able to record to a 16GB Class 4 chip. I'm using the default settings for Profile #2. The Firmware is 1.01, Build 0902. The only other changes I made to the default settings was to turn off the audio as the camera is pointed out a window. Before I turned off the audio I did get a lot of recordings just from the noise in the room (the microphone seems very sensitive at its default setting). I noticed with this build of the Firmware I no longer get photos and a movie recorded at the same time. The factory Firmware did automatically produce both for each recorded event. Not sure why this was changed.

sorin_

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »

Hello

I also consider to purchase a DCS-942L and I am very intersted to know if this camera can record directly to a hard drive conected on usb to my wireless router (without keeping a PC continously in operation).

Thank you

TG2001

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 06:19:40 AM »

942L can record a video by
1. micro SD card "SD Recording" trigger by motion, record length to 6 minutes file.
2. a video clip, trigger by motion, target to FTP or email, maximum only 10 sec file.  so your hard disk must support ftp server protocol, like NAS-320.
I'm not sure that you can record a video to your hard drive via USB of router.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:24:51 AM by TG2001 »
DIR-655 (wifi Router)
DCS-2121
DCS-942L
DCS-5030L
DNS-320
DAP-1360 (repeater mode)
DWA-140