• May 08, 2024, 10:06:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-ViewCam v3.2 - Comments & Observations  (Read 11869 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
D-ViewCam v3.2 - Comments & Observations
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:50 AM »

Post your comments and observations regarding D-ViewCam version 3.2 here  :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:43:05 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: D-ViewCam v3.2 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »

Bugs:

• Installation, even though it un-installs previous version, keeps all previous settings and cameras
  • Missing is also still the multi-channel playback, even though Playback supports playback for up to 4 (choice is either 1 or 4 cameras) local cameras. The "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message is still there.
  • Still testing multi channel Remote Live Viewer (remote playback probably has same lack of multi-channel playback support)
  • Delete of video (via backup) does not clear up Record.log timing-info, i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video. V3.11 cleaned this file up correctly after backup/delete...
  • Delete of old videos does not clean out empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). V3.11 cleaned this up correctly.
  • Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (like loading 30 minutes, viewing that and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on, and so forth), roughly about 10 cycles. Sounds to me like a memory-leak in progress.
  • At startup of Console a pop-up appears, with optimisation-hint of using same storage-drive as OS-installed drive. This cannot be suppressed, and hampers auto-reboot-startup of Console.
  • Backup (not Export) now gives feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressable.
  • Backup- (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in 3.11
  • With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying
  • UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off.
  • Events (like signal lost) are not presented in the timeline
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:15:10 PM by Mackerel »

plalonde

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »

>:(I really really hate the Console pop-up that appears, with the message about using the same storage-drive as OS-installed drive.

There should be either a switch or setup option to turn it OFF.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:36:36 AM by plalonde »
~PEL

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:25:33 AM »

Thanks for the input. I'll add this list to our D-ViewCam - Wishlist.

Bugs:

• Installation, even though it un-installs previous version, keeps all previous settings and cameras
  • Missing is also still the multi-channel playback, even though Playback supports playback for up to 4 (choice is either 1 or 4 cameras) local cameras. The "Exceed the Playback maximum channels" error-message is still there.
  • Still testing multi channel Remote Live Viewer (remote playback probably has same lack of multi-channel playback support)
  • Delete of video (via backup) does not clear up Record.log timing-info, i.e. activity bar in selection remains, but without recorded video. V3.11 cleaned this file up correctly after backup/delete...
  • Delete of old videos does not clean out empty folders when nothing is left (i.e. old recording dates). V3.11 cleaned this up correctly.
  • Playback.exe coredumps after high number of load-play actions within one session (like loading 30 minutes, viewing that and then getting next 30 minutes, and so on, and so forth), roughly about 10 cycles. Sounds to me like a memory-leak in progress.
  • At startup of Console a pop-up appears, with optimisation-hint of using same storage-drive as OS-installed drive. This cannot be suppressed, and hampers auto-reboot-startup of Console.
  • Backup (not Export) now gives feedback of files copied into Backup-set, including required OK-press at end. Not very fast, and not suppressable.
  • Backup- (and Playback-) Time-period selection now allows only 7 days max period. Was 30 days in 3.11
  • With a large amount of free space left (hundreds of GB) it complains of lack of space, cleans up most stored recording data and stops scheduler. Happens on multiple boxes, mostly only once after upgrade, but is very annoying
  • UAC is required to be off before Console can be run, even though all data-paths are personalized to acceptable locations. Workaround is to run it in a VM environment where UAC can be off.
  • Events (like signal lost) are not presented in the timeline

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

stevec50

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:20:30 AM »

Post your comments and observations regarding D-ViewCam version 3.2 here  :)
It's worthless rubbish!  It's not compatible with Windows!  When it's installed in either Windows 7 or 8.1 it turns off UAC then other things in Windows won't work!  UAC is the notification that requires approval when something is being installed that helps protect you from viruses and malware.  When UAC it re-enabled then D-Viewcam won't run!  **** ***** **** ***** ***** **** ***** **** ***** ***** **** ***** **** ***** ***** **** ***** **** ***** ***** **** ***** **** ***** *****
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:48:06 AM by JavaLawyer »