• April 28, 2024, 07:19:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Can not use a multicast MAC address in WDS" keeps popping up as an error.  (Read 8228 times)

Jim Getzinger

• Level 1 Member

Recently upgraded to 1.33NA.   I keep getting this message when changing certain settings (such as enabling a guest zone).  It's essentially locking me out of changing the system!

As far as I know - the DIR-655 DOESN'T have WDS - this was removed a number of firmware revisions ago.  I cannot find a setting for this anywhere.   There are a few mentions of this on this forum and the web, but nothing concrete as to why it's happening or a valid solution.

I've decoded the GWS file (via a great utility... http://www.shulerent.com/index.php?itemid=462).

The XML file shows a setting for WDS but it's disabled in the gws file.

Any help?

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member

The WDS feature does not seem to work. I tried to use the setting through the GUI but it just did not work. I guess the also removed/did not update the mechanism. So it is officialyy no longer part of the specs.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Jim Getzinger

• Level 1 Member

I understand that it's not part of the specs anymore... just wondering WHY I'm getting an error message concerning WDS if it's truly not part of the specs?   Is this a firmware bug?

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member

I have seen quite a few complaints about 1.33NA, so you might have found a new problem...  >:(

P.S. EddyZ, like the "Grobbebollen" icon...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:27:58 AM by Mackerel »

Sliver1970

• Level 1 Member

I recently upgraded my firmware from 1.32 to 1.33, and this error popped up when trying to setup my wireless.  I spent a fair bit of time searching for a solution and found one:

For simplicity sake, use IE8 to go to your DIR655 page.

* If your wireless was disabled, you will need to reset the router to default settings to renable it.
* Go to Advanced -- Wireless Advanced
* Now, on your IE8 Toolbar, select Page in the top left corner, then Style -- No Style.
* The page will get very ugly, but if you scroll down, you will see WDS settings, and 5 MAC address fields, all populated with 00:00:00:00:00:00.
* Erase all of the MAC addresses, so the fields are blank.
* Find the Save Settings near the top, and if it asks for a reboot, do it.

You should now be able to change your wireless settings.

It worked for me, so good luck!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 03:55:10 PM by Sliver1970 »

benoitmalenfant

• Level 1 Member

This issue also seems to be fixed in Fir. 1.34NA (although there is no mention of such in the release notes). I just updated and it fixed my issue.

tupera

• Level 1 Member
Re: "Can not use a multicast MAC address in WDS" keeps popping up as an error.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »

@Sliver1970

Thank you much for the effort.  this worked great for me!