The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DAP-1522

DAP-1522 is making me crazy!

<< < (5/8) > >>

misterdna:

--- Quote from: mig on January 29, 2009, 09:59:46 AM ---The device name IS that URL.  If you name your device "myaccesspoint" then http://myaccesspoint should get your browser to load the web GUI for your DAP-1522.  This URL will only work if there is a DNS service on your network to translate the character string "myaccesspoint" into the static (or dynamic) IP address assigned to your device.

Part of the reason http://dlinkap does not work (there could be more factors contributing to this URL failure) is that your device is not name "dlinkap".

When you use dynamic IP, your router (who assigns the IP address) shoud be acting as the DNS for the IP addresses is assign dynamically.  What is the manufacture and model of your router?  The problem could lie there?

--- End quote ---

I feel like you are missing much of what I've said (several times) in this thread. The URL has never worked from day one, fresh out of the box, connected straight to my laptop via ethernet. The day I received this device, I followed the quick set-up directions, which said to use "http://dlinkap" to access the device, and that URL didn't work even then. I then tried the IP address listed, and that's always been the only way I could log on to the 1522 (via default or assigned IP address). So clearly, the problem has existed before any router was in the picture, so there is no way it could be the router causing the problems (btw, I've tried the 1522 with two routers, and also connect directly to the device, w/o being connected to anything else, when trying to troubleshoot). I have configured many IP devices, other WAPs, and other things on my network and have zero networking issues, the only network/wireless problems I have are 1522 issues (which, at this point, I'm just focusing on one of, but all of them are listed at the beginning of the thread). Also, my post that you are replying to says I did put the device name to dlinkap and it still doesn't work (it brings up dlinkap.com, on the web).

While I feel very certain my router has nothing to do with my issues (for the reasons mentioned above, plus this router has impressed the hell out of me with it's stability, features, and user ratings), it is the SMC WGBR14-N, which I believe is SMC's top-of-the-line consumer Gigabit N router.

I have set up a lot of devices on my network, many a lot more complicated that this thing, and I just don't have issues like I am having with the 1522... Which makes me think it's a problem with my unti, not a problem with a setting.

Anyway, as I said in my previous post, I will change the firmware, hard-reset, and try a windows machine and see what happens. Please sit-tight until I do that and post my results.

anon:
You type in "dlinkap" and dlinkap.com is what your browser brings up?

The questions I last posted was for all the "problems" you first stated, not just the "dlinkap" issue.

Guess it's time to give the tech support a call on getting another dap.

misterdna:

--- Quote from: tamalero on January 29, 2009, 09:22:59 AM ---That sounds fishy, it indeed seems something is either interfering with your hardware ( believe it or not, some cellphones can make the DIR-655 reboot until they're  taken a few meters away ).
or the unit is defective.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for saying the unit could be defective. I really needed to hear someone on this board say that. Not that it IS defective, but just acknowledge that it COULD BE defective. Really felt like I was taking crazy pills...

misterdna:

--- Quote from: anon on January 29, 2009, 10:36:14 AM ---You type in "dlinkap" and dlinkap.com is what your browser brings up?

--- End quote ---
Sorry to sound exasperated, but YES! I've said this in more than one post that dlinkap.com comes up when I put in http://dlinkap. Some domain name squatter owns that URL (surprised D-Link didn't buy it for themselves).

Lycan:
1) NETBIOS resolution can be tricky. I wouldn't worry about it not working too much as long as you can reach the AP by it's IP. Do you have other AP's or devices that resolve NETBIOS names?

2) How many AP's do you have in your house? Are they all DAP-1522? how many are running at the same time?

Unless we understand everything about your network we can't help you fix it. Getting frustrated and asking that we give you some magic answer is not realistic.
How are we supposed to know what the problem is if we don't ask you questions?

Do you go to the doctors and say "I hurt" then when the doctor says "where?" you just demand an answer?

Questions are the only tool we have to help you, short of going to your house and viewing the issues for ourselves. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version