D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-3040

WiFi Issues since FW1.11

<< < (3/3)

aitkened:
Not yet - i need to carve out the time to setup a chat with them online. Has anyone tried the 1.13b firmware that just released?

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 28, 2020, 11:22:53 AM ---Have you made contact with D-Link support about this yet?

--- End quote ---

FurryNutz:
I see it only fixes a security problem:
"Firmware encryption key change
3rd Party Report:
On July 22, 2020, security researchers working with Bleeping Computer disclosed the DIR-3040-US firmware archive had disclosed the firmware encryption keys for the device."

GreenBay42:
I haven't heard of any issues with 1.13. It is HIGHLY recommended to update from 1.11. The beta firmware is based off the 1.11 firmware other than the new encryption key so performance should not change too much if any. They are working on an "official" release but it has to go through all the hoops before released.

aitkened:
Follow up. D-Link support sent me a two step firmware update to 1.13 which helped. Turns out the majority of my issue was a bat network cable but the 1.13 firmware did resolve the wifi connectivity issues

--- Quote from: aitkened on September 02, 2020, 07:55:47 AM ---Not yet - i need to carve out the time to setup a chat with them online. Has anyone tried the 1.13b firmware that just released?

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 28, 2020, 11:22:53 AM ---Have you made contact with D-Link support about this yet?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

FurryNutz:
Great to hear new FW and finding the bad cable helped.

Enjoy.  ;)

--- Quote from: aitkened on September 19, 2020, 06:30:17 PM ---Follow up. D-Link support sent me a two step firmware update to 1.13 which helped. Turns out the majority of my issue was a bat network cable but the 1.13 firmware did resolve the wifi connectivity issues.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version