• April 26, 2024, 12:09:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Disconnecting like crazy  (Read 10927 times)

anon

• Level 3 Member
Re: Disconnecting like crazy
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 07:01:37 AM »

I have a recommendation to d-link on how to resolve this issue with their customers.  D-link should offer a trade in credit equal to the purchase price of the dgl-4500 towards a new d-link router of the customers choosing.  This would allow the customer to dump their non functioning dgl-4500 for a working router without loosing anything else.  I think that this is the only reasonable and fair solution to address this terrible problem with the firmware that has ruined many of our routers.

They did a good job (some what) with those bad set of DIR-855 back when they came out.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 07:14:33 AM »

What did d-link do for those customers?

splattered

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »

I'm finally starting to get a little pissed, as i'm sure everyone else is as well... how many months has it been now? Wtf? Can we take the silence from moderators that they aren't even working on a fix??

StreetWise

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »

I have newest firmware and i have not had any problems let alone any disconnecting issues. If there is problems with the firmware and I'm sure there is they will fix it and hopefully soon. As for a few things you could do:

1. Make sure the router is not on any devices such as a speaker or tv. If so move it to a different location else the router will always be unreliable with any firmware you have.

2. If you don't download, game, and voip all at the same time i would just disable game fuel. This will sometimes greatly increase performance.

3. Update all cables to at least Cat 5E  or Cat 6 if you can't at least do the WAN port.

4. Try disabling wireless to see if any issues are fixed.

5. Check the connection rates if you getting "Limited or no conductivity" then there is a auto negotiation problem.

I think he is on to something with the cat5e-6 cables. I have the latest firmware and have yet to have any problems. Its been over a week so far. The one thing that I have noticed is my network is run with cat6. Also the wireless seems to run just fine, as well as all my game settings.

philwoz98

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »

Effffff dlink.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 05:50:46 AM »

We can only hope that other companies are aware of this problem at d-link and will consider taking d-link routers in trade towards the purchase of one of their routers.  This would be good pr on their behalf plus steal customers from d-link that will probably never go back.  I personally am done with d-link and their poor customer service.  This is sad very sad for all people who purchased a d-link router in good faith believing that they were getting a quality product only to have a fw release trash it that d-link cannot undo.  In a harsh economy like the one we have now a good company knows that it needs to retains its customer base and this one is eroding theirs.
Pages: 1 [2]