• April 17, 2024, 09:42:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5020L No Remote Pan & Tilt  (Read 7949 times)

skipallison

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5020L No Remote Pan & Tilt
« on: February 15, 2015, 04:54:49 AM »

I can't pan & tilt my DCS-5020L with Android mydlink lite.  Worked when I installed it then I moved the camera and it's not working now.  Picture is OK.  Camera has latest firmware as of 2/14/15.  Lite ver 3.4.2.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5020L No Remote Pan & Tilt
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:11:21 AM »

I'm using the same version of mydlink Lite and DCS-5020L firmware without any issue. When you drag your finger across the live video, does the small outlined box pop up off to the side that shows the pan/tilt location?

Did you try saving different location settings? If you save different camera locations using the web UI, those are accessible in a drop down menu in mydlink Lite. I find it much easier to jump to predefined locations rather than use the manual pan tilt.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

skipallison

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:08:42 AM »

Nothing happens when I drag my finger across the live video screes.  Also when I start the app, the up/dn/left/right icon is on but grays out as soon as the picture comes on.  Same thing on my phone & tablet.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:36:29 AM »

Nothing happens when I drag my finger across the live video screes.  Also when I start the app, the up/dn/left/right icon is on but grays out as soon as the picture comes on.  Same thing on my phone & tablet.

That up/dn/left/right icon is now only used for accessing the Preset Positions[/u]. Try logging into the DCS-5020L web UI and navigate to SETUP > CAMERA control. Save a few positions and see if they are accessible from that icon on the mobile app.

Be2kz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 12:02:21 AM »

Open mydlink app, open desired camera, go to camera setting on upper right corner of the screen. Uncheck and recheck Reverse pan/tilt.
The PAN control should be accessible by dragging the screen now. I think it is a bug in the app.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:19:03 AM »

Open mydlink app, open desired camera, go to camera setting on upper right corner of the screen. Uncheck and recheck Reverse pan/tilt.
The PAN control should be accessible by dragging the screen now. I think it is a bug in the app.

I just tested this feature on my DCS-5020L and it works perfectly.  :-\
Try quitting the app and try again.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:23:52 AM »

Do you have an update on this issue?

stimas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:57 AM »

I have the same problem. Another problem I also have now, is that it isn't possible to change from daylight to night vision.
It show the picture, but some features isn't awailable anymore. My camera is placed in our cabin, so my plan is to try to unplug it and see if this helps.

stimas

stimas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 12:15:57 PM »

It seems like it's ok on my iPad. Strange!

stimas

cguvn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »

I have the same problem. Another problem I also have now, is that it isn't possible to change from daylight to night vision.
It show the picture, but some features isn't awailable anymore. My camera is placed in our cabin, so my plan is to try to unplug it and see if this helps.

stimas

I have the exact same issue. ever since I updated the firmware as requested by the camera it no longer pan on both android devices, cannot select day view and sound as almost always been nothing but static exept when it's perfect once in a blue moon.

very frustrating

stimas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 09:24:24 AM »

I upgraded once more, but this time with cabel. Now it is working fine.

stimas