• April 19, 2024, 01:20:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Internet connection sharing from laptop to xbox 360  (Read 2150 times)

cracksatan

• Level 1 Member
Internet connection sharing from laptop to xbox 360
« on: August 02, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »

Hi I have been trying to figure out how to share my connection between my laptop which is getting a wireless signal from the d link DIR-615 router downstairs, to my xbox360 by hooking up a Ethernet cable from the laptop to the xbox360.
I read alot of forums on how to do this and a few different ways and I am just confused. Here is the official xbox site link to instructions on this.....
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/getconnected/hcxl/consharing.aspx

I am having a problem with Internet connection sharing.  I am on a wireless connection and the ip address of the router is by default 192.168.0.1 but in order to use Internet connection sharing under windows XP  the host computer is required to use this address. Is there another way to set this connection up? 
 Most of what I have read says to use internet connection sharing (ICS) to share the connection between a pc/laptop and the xbox360, but when I tried I had that problem and cant change the routers Ip address as far as I know. I also read you can bridge the connection but I think there was a problem with that to if not the same problem, it was a while ago that I tried so I dont remember. I read something about Nat being a solution but dont know what its all about and what to do with this router for it.
Can someone help me get this set up so I can use xbox live without blowing 100$ on a wireless adapter? Once again its a dir-615 router, at least that's what it says in the corner of the page when I put the ip address in my browser and go into the router set up page. I'm guessing there is something through that set up page that I have to work on to do this, just don't know how.
Help please.