• April 25, 2024, 06:00:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cannot Map drives DNS-323  (Read 31225 times)

blackbox

• Level 2 Member
Re: Cannot Map drives DNS-323
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 01:11:49 AM »

The \Volume_1 as mentioned by others may help.

\\192.168.0.200\Volume_1

littlecooldude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:20 AM »

Well I didn't say thanks yet, so THANKS SO MUCH guys! i appreciate the help, now I have some things to try out that weren't offered before.

I'll try out what you say Hambone.  I'm not ruling out a network issue as all PC's on the network experience the same issue.
My PC is Windows 7 Professional. Wifes laptop is Windows 7 Home.

My ISP changed the DNS-323 outside the DHCP range to avoid IP Conflicts.

@McPillager - I already confirmed everything you recomended - I thought it was a permission issue as well, that was only a temp fix as the issue came back.

I'll post back tonight see if anything works.  I have a seperate wired router i'm going to connect to just the NAS and my PC and see if this resolves it if the below didn't work.

littlecooldude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »

OK! bad news: Tried Hambones suggestions

Method 1: Didn't have that in the registry so I couldn't apply it, i'm reluctant to add it in manually as i'm not sure what it will do.

Method 2: I did try that and it didn't fix it :(

The other 2 options were already unchecked..... Next thing to do is remove the ISP router/Modem from the mix and see if that fixes it.

McPillager

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »

A wii question: is your ISP in remote control of your modem/router? Do you have administrator's access to it?

littlecooldude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »

Good Question, yes they have remote control, I have a custadmin account... I dont think i even have access to port forwarding on it.

McPillager

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »

This (extraordinary) fact may as well be the source of all your problems my friend  ;)

littlecooldude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 06:47:22 AM »

I thought so, I was able to map my drives while connected to a cross over cable.  I'm going to pick up a wireless router and have my ISP set it up in Bridge mode.

Also I thought I had already removed funplug but I didn't and removed that as well.  Has that ever been known to cause issues like this? I use it so that I can install and run twonky.

Mr_Bee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »

I had the same problem.  I had setup my DNS-323 as a static address too.  I upgraded my media server on the NAs and also did a windows update with a boat load of security fixes.  Between these two, my drive was became invisible to Win7.  I could ping it from a command prompt though and could see in Easy search - but could not Map the Drive in Windows 7 or via Easy Search.

I fixed it by going into the DNS-323 config console in 'Advanced' and enabled LLTD - Link Layer Topology Discovery.  This allow my computer to see the drive - but I still could not connect.

Next I upgraded my firmware from 1.06 to 1.09 and whola I could see, map and access my files.

I did begin this process by resetting the drive (since I forgot the log on password) by pushing a paper clip in the reset button on the back.  This might not be a bad idea to do first but may not be necessary.  If you do, note that you do not have to reformat the drives - just click the 'Skip' button to bypass this.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »

Thought I'd give my two cents:

Just for the heck of it, reset all windows 7 services to default settings on your PC. I remember when I first upgraded to 7, I needed some additional services set to "automatic". The introduction of windows 7's homegroup changed some of the network-related services.

dcx_badass

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »

The Easysearch utility works fine with Windows 7 for me.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I can solve this for the OP, will write a quick guide. By Nod32 I'm going to presume you mean Eset Smart Security?
I'll provide notes and then if you need them screenshots, but see how it goes first.

1) Open Eset Smart security
2) Press F5 to open settings
3) Under the "Personal Firewall" on the left hand side select "Rules and Zones"
3) Click "Setup" under "Trusted Zones" which should be on the right hand side.
4) You should have a line or two of IPs, select the first and click next and change the option to "Allow Sharing" then click ok.
5) Repeat for each line listed.
6) Reboot PC.

That should sort it, it worked for me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:07:44 PM by dcx_badass »

crowne

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

1)Access browser config
2)Tools, System, Defaults, click on "Restore to factory setting", then click on "Restart" above.
3)Go to your Easy search utility and "connect" the drives.
Pages: 1 2 [3]