• March 28, 2024, 06:42:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: DCS-920 Crashes/Requires Reboot  (Read 31401 times)

patranus

• Level 1 Member
DCS-920 Crashes/Requires Reboot
« on: August 04, 2009, 03:45:19 PM »

Have 13 DCS-920

Every few days a few random cameras will will hang/become unresponsive at random intervals.  The cameras require that I unplug the cameras before they will respond.

When the cameras are unresponsive I cannot access the camera via a web browser, the D-ViewCam software, or the setup wizard.

This is a problem as they are all mounted in positions requiring a ladder to access.

I have some connected via 802.11g and other hard wired over 10/100 cat-6 Ethernet cable.

Any suggestions?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-920 Crashes/Requires Reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 04:52:25 PM »

Does the front LED turn red in this incident when the camera is not accessible?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:05:00 AM by ECF »
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

BMLenertz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »

I've experienced the same issue.  When it occurs for me, the red light has stayed on constantly.  Please reply with solution suggestions.  Thank you!

kwinston

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:46:47 PM »

I also experience this problem. I have 2 DCS920 that hangs after 3-4 days and need to power off/on. Please help

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

Is the latest firmware being used on all cameras?

BMLenertz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »

I believe so... 
     Firmware =     1.01 (2008-06-25)
on the Status screen.

kandm00

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »

I have the same problem.  I have four DCS-920s.  Two are wired (cat5-e to D-Link gigabit switches, firmware 1.01, 640x480, 7 fps).  Two are wireless (11g, tried WEP and now WPA-PSK, one is firmware 1.01 and one is 1.02, 640x480, 5fps).  Dynamic DNS, Mail, FTP, and NTP sync are disabled on all cameras.  LED Control is off and User Access Control is disabled.

The two wired cameras usually go a month or two before locking up.  The two wireless cameras lock up a few times a week.  Sometimes the led is solid red, but usually it is off when the cameras are locked up.  When locked up the cameras do not respond at all to ping, http, etc.  I've tried three different wireless access points (d-link, belkin and netgear) without any affect on the lock ups.  I have to power cycle the locked up cameras to get them running again.

I've resorted to putting one of the wireless cameras on a digital timer which turns the power off and on every 6 hours.

It's been over a year since firmware 1.01 was released.
- Have the stability issues been reproduced?
- Is a new firmware being worked on?
- Is there a reason why 1.02 (2009-08-10) is not on the website or beta ftp site?

Some feature requests:
- Add a configuration option to reboot the camera every x number of hours
- Add a 3 fps option for video

I'd be happy to test a beta firmware if one is available.

Thanks,
Kurt
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:45:59 PM by kandm00 »

BMLenertz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »

I have also considered placing my camera on a timer that would power-cycle it automatically.  But... I've also had to manually re-set the time/date on the camer every time I've power-cycled it, so if left alone, it would never report the correct time/date.  When I have used the setting to synch the time with a dlink server, the time is also one hour off (as if daylight savings time or somethin??) so even that is not accurate.  Perhaps my camera is the only one that experiences time/date issues??
~Brad

ekummel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »

My DCS-920 is exhibiting the same issue. What will happen is that the camera will arbitrarily stop serving images...and then the LED will turn red. It will periodically flicker, but it will never turn green again until I unplug the thing and plug it back in again. Also, the turn off LED seems to only work for a short period of time. I set it to off, and a day or so later, it is back to blinking green and red. Then it switches to red only and shortly after that, it is no longer serving images. Sometimes when the LED is red, I can access the web interface, but cannot view any images from the camera.
My camera is wireless and running the latest firmware.
Ed

freeemann

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »

This camera I think is the worst camera exist on the market. The software for this camera DView 2.03 was done by amateurs people I guess from North America with all degrees in IT but not knowledge in IT. I install the software and my Windows Vista crash (and of course on XP is the same). I can't use software, wireless is useless because after 5 minutes is going down and I have to reinstall camera. So I spent 120$ for an American garbage ( I mean Chinese, useless). So tell me why to lose 120$ and a lot of time for nothing?

P.S In fact this camera is not a wireless because wireless is not reliable especially for surveillance purposes. (I have over 14 years in IT experience working with pro people).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:36:42 PM by freeemann »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »

Please try the latest firmware release 1.03 at dlink.com and goto support.

kandm00

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:07 AM »

I've installed 1.03 on three of my four cameras (one wireless, two wired).  Will update the fourth one next week and monitor them for a week or two to see if the cameras stop locking up.

Thanks for the firmware update,
Kurt

freeemann

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »

Please try the latest firmware release 1.03 at dlink.com and goto support.

You can add another firmare this is not related with that garbage software DViewcam. I upgrade to 1.03 and install again DviewCam 2.03 after I installed event = videolost. Do you think like this I can make surveillance in my house ???? And another thing after I configure DViewCam to rec all the time and save the configuration is going back to another option. Do you call this good software? I thought D-link is a good brand, I mean professional. I lost another hour from my life for nothing !!!

kandm00

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 10:20:26 AM »

@freeemann - Please start a new thread for your issues with DViewcam.  This thread is for lock ups / crashes with the DCS-920 camera.

v1.03 stability update.  The three cameras I installed 1.03 on (one wireless, two wired) have been running 24/7 for about 8 days now and have not locked up or required a restart yet.  I installed 1.03 on my fourth camera (wireless) last night and removed it from the digital timer that was power cycling it every six hours.  I'll update again in a week or so.  So far so good.  <fingers crossed>

patranus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »

Does the front LED turn red in this incident when the camera is not accessible?

Yes.

I will update firmware from 1.01 to 1.03 and see if that resolves the problem.

If this problem continues, it is frankly unacceptable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4