• March 18, 2024, 11:30:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dcs-213l ActiveX  (Read 7550 times)

usmcpi

• Level 1 Member
dcs-213l ActiveX
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:31:23 AM »

I normally use Google Chrome, and I can view the camera feed fine with Chrome.  However, the only thing that doesn't work with Chrome is the ability to highlight for motion detection (why not have the ability to click a box to enable the grid for 100% of the field of view?).  So here comes my issue, I have to use Internet Explorer (i just downloaded/installed IE9).  In IE9, where the video should be, has a flashing red message that says "Please install the ActiveX compnent to enjoy the A/V stream".  Yet no where on the page does it prompt me to install the plugin.  However, I can access all the other tabs and settings just fine.  The only issue is actually viewing the camera, which is needed to setup the motion detection.

So from what i understand, you can only get the Active X component for internet explorer from the setup wizard.  The problem is, the setup wizard for the 2132L does NOT contain the ActiveX.  I've tried downloading the 942 wizard, but it can't find my camera.  (on another note, why isn't there just 1 setup wizard for ALL cameras....would make a lot more sense) 

So here I am, unable to add motion detection to camera...

usmcpi

• Level 1 Member
Re: dcs-213l ActiveX
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »

anyone...?