• April 18, 2024, 11:29:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Not Visible on Network  (Read 2359 times)

hmltnangel

• Level 1 Member
Not Visible on Network
« on: August 15, 2020, 03:36:56 PM »

Evening all,

I have had a little 320L for years and it works fine. However after switching from Virgin to BT, the 320L will not show up on the network.

Its not in Windows, it wont show up in Browser of any description.

It will show up if I run the new setup wizard though, but that wnats to delete all the data. So how do I make it work?

Help haha!

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Not Visible on Network
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 05:56:27 PM »

Sorry for the delay but I seldom read this forum.

I assume you are using the new router to supply the IP addresses on your network and if you used a fixed IP address for your unit it is now on a different subnet to everything else.

You need to use something like Netscan to see what your network 'sees' and if necessary give your NAS an IP address that works with the new DHCP offerings of the router. (something on a xxx.yyy.1.zzz will not see anything with a xxx.yyy.0.zzz IP address).

I have been away too long to remember which subnets Virgin and BT use but I do remember I had to change things when I moved and ended up using my own managed switch in place of the router they supplied to get my equipment working.