• April 19, 2024, 08:07:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Surveillance Center plugin and firmware 1.03b1  (Read 15603 times)

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
Surveillance Center plugin and firmware 1.03b1
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:22:19 AM »

[LINK REMOVED -- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING LINKS TO NON-US SUPPORTED FIRMWARE/APPS -- THANK YOU]

On **************** site I've found a new plugin called "Surveillance Station (BETA)". As I prefer to receive some notices from D-Link supporters before installing it, have you some news about it?

On the same FTP site I've found a new firmware 1.03b1 with two files (the zip file seems to be corrupted - this matter makes me suspicious and worried!!!). Also for this update, have you some news? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:02:03 PM by JavaLawyer »
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

xpmps

• Level 3 Member
Re: Surveillance Station (BETA) plugin and firmware 1.03b1
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »

Efectivamente posiblemente sea una actualización válida. El otro archivo, el zip no lo he bajado.. pero si la otra es una versión nueva! de lujo!
Sobre la app imagino que será para gestionar las cámaras ips dlink.. un estilo de los nas de synology y qnap
A ver si alguien más arroja algo de luz!

eres español?

1xDNS-325 2x2TB (Data and Backup)
1xCisco Linksys WAG320N
2x Sony VAIO
1x Philips TV 40PFL8605H/12

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »

Efectivamente posiblemente sea una actualización válida. El otro archivo, el zip no lo he bajado.. pero si la otra es una versión nueva! de lujo!
Sobre la app imagino que será para gestionar las cámaras ips dlink.. un estilo de los nas de synology y qnap
A ver si alguien más arroja algo de luz!

eres español?

Sorry, I'm italian, I don't understand spanish but with an online translator I partially understood what you wrote.
I've tested the Surveillance plugin, and I confirm that it is useful only for D-Link IP cam users. It runs only under Internet Explorer (strangely it doesn't support other browsers), and was not able to recognize my two D-Link IP cams. I've tried to manually setup the IP cams, but there is nothing to do. Uninstalled!!!
Regarding the firmware, I will try next week to test it.... hope to keep my data inside NAS :-))).
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

xpmps

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »

A change in the firmware? visual ... or some new feature?
1xDNS-325 2x2TB (Data and Backup)
1xCisco Linksys WAG320N
2x Sony VAIO
1x Philips TV 40PFL8605H/12

FalconeMateo

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 05:19:22 AM »

No readme available, take care with beta firmware. Some information from D-Link should be useful.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »

D-Link USA expressly prohibits discussing the location of non-U.S. supported firmware/apps in this forum that are posted on international D-Link sites. Eager users who unwittingly use incompatible firmware/apps may render their DNS-325 inoperable and potentially void their warranty. Granted, many users know the usual sources where firmware is posted (both domestically and abroad), but D-Link's position is to let them find it on their own, not have it posted on this board.

I will look into this app to see if it's scheduled for release on the US FTP site or for North America (NA) or worldwide (WW) distribution.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:08:04 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 06:00:44 AM »

I reached out to D-Link to obtain some clarifying information on the firmware and app/plugin mentioned earlier in this thread. As soon as I hear back from D-Link, I'll post my findings.  ;)

Northerndj

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

I no this is a USA Forum but its the only one world wide that actually helps
I can understand D-Link USA policy on this
This firmware is nothing to get excited about there is nothing on there in fact it was a fix rom they are way way way of 1.03 in fact they have the list that was done on here
so a big one up for you guys
I have not found a better d-link forum i have been told that a major rom update when its rolled out USA get it first as you got the last one before Europe did 

texasbluesplayer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 05:51:32 AM »

non-U.S. supported firmware/apps?? So the hardware is different for a unit that ships to the US vs one that ships to Europe, Australia etc?? Shouldn't it all be the same hardware but with different software depending on your language, etc. Doesn't make sense to me. I'm almost positive the hardware for all of those "different" units is out of the same factory in China :-)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »

non-U.S. supported firmware/apps?? So the hardware is different for a unit that ships to the US vs one that ships to Europe, Australia etc?? Shouldn't it all be the same hardware but with different software depending on your language, etc. Doesn't make sense to me. I'm almost positive the hardware for all of those "different" units is out of the same factory in China :-)

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=47175.msg173335#msg173335   :-\

Merlin1970

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »

Don't want anyone upset at me but I agree with Texasbluesplayer.
This line "Subtle variations in the manufacturing process from country to country" is a bit of B.S.
I'm from Canada and my unit is made in China as must be other people's units.
Now that you say that it's due to different policies, regulations and languages, I agree.

Also, I think there's a tendency for companies to release a product, support it for a few months and then move on to the next product, forgetting about the 1st one. As mentionned in other threads, US D-Link released the firmware update for the DNS-325 without mentionning that it would render the plugins from the 1st version useless. What's more, the WW plugins for the 2nd update have existed for a few months and there's still no mention of the them in the US site. Another example is that the DNS-325 is being sold as having an iTunes server, when it isn't even compatible with current versions of iTunes.

So sometimes you have to look outside "the box" but being careful as JavaLawyer as pointed out.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »

I agree with you. . . to a point. In most instances, yes the hardware distributed in different countries for a particular ShareCenter model will likely be identical, but I know of at least two actual instances where a last generation ShareCenter model did in fact have different technical specifications between the U.S. and another country (I believe one of those instances was Germany).  And there is at least one ShareCenter beta firmware out there now that has region-specific setting differences.

I'm just providing the information. Using this information as a guide (and having been duly notified), individual ShareCenter owners are free to take whatever action they deem prudent given their experience and weighing the potential risk to their data.  :-\

Don't want anyone upset at me but I agree with Texasbluesplayer.
This line "Subtle variations in the manufacturing process from country to country" is a bit of B.S.
I'm from Canada and my unit is made in China as must be other people's units.
Now that you say that it's due to different policies, regulations and languages, I agree.

Also, I think there's a tendency for companies to release a product, support it for a few months and then move on to the next product, forgetting about the 1st one. As mentionned in other threads, US D-Link released the firmware update for the DNS-325 without mentionning that it would render the plugins from the 1st version useless. What's more, the WW plugins for the 2nd update have existed for a few months and there's still no mention of the them in the US site. Another example is that the DNS-325 is being sold as having an iTunes server, when it isn't even compatible with current versions of iTunes.

So sometimes you have to look outside "the box" but being careful as JavaLawyer as pointed out.

rhino

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »

It is now included in the official firmware 1.0.3 . Has anyone try this new feature? wonder how it configure? what IP Cameras compatible with it? and how does it function?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:16:16 AM by rhino »