• April 26, 2024, 03:48:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dlink 932L Causes problems with my webserver  (Read 6301 times)

chromesphere

Dlink 932L Causes problems with my webserver
« on: May 14, 2014, 02:46:37 AM »

Hey guys,

Picked up one of these on the weekend.  Functionally its really good.  Everything has worked perfectly, I can connect remotely, locally, via cloud, receive email notifications, everything has worked as it should.

The problem im having though is it seems to be, somewhat randomly causing my webserver to be inaccessible both locally and externally.  It was working fine for a while, but now whenever its turned on I have problems (my websites don't load).  I have changed the port to 8080 (and tried 800 and 8050 as well), but this doesn't seem to make any difference, the camera still hi-jacks my websites / webserver.
I have to reset the router and switch off the camera to get the websites to appear again.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Cheers
CS

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Dlink 932L Causes problems with my webserver
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 04:38:28 AM »

Did you reserve unique IP addresses for the DCS--932L and webserver on your router or establish static IP addresses on the devices themselves to avoid conflicts?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

chromesphere

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:47:54 AM »

Hi java thanks for your reply. Both server and ip camera have port forwarding set up on the router and static ip addresses.  Im wondering if there is some sort of service that stills runs on port 80 even if you change it. As soon as I plug that camera in the sites are inaccessible...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 05:55:39 AM »

You changed the port on the DCS-932L itself?
DCS-932L web UI: SETUP > Network Setup > PORT SETTINGS
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:01:24 AM by JavaLawyer »

chromesphere

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:03:08 AM »

Correct java.  I tried 3 port numbers 8050 8080 and 800 all having the same results.  I could access the camera externally using those ports but my websites intermittently not working. I suspect when looking up my website name I would actually be connecting to some part of the cameras webpage/server instead!  "Hijacks" the webserver!  It does this internally and externally.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 06:14:56 AM »

If I change the port from 80 to 85, then I can only access the camera internally using [CAMERA_IP_ADDRESS]:85 (i.e. only using [CAMERA_IP_ADDRESS] raises a page error) and externally (using port forwarding) via [ISP_IP_ADDRESS]:85.  Did you try a smaller number? Did you try accessing the camera internally using your new port number to validate that the port change is actually instantiated?

chromesphere

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »

Hey Java.  Yeah that's how I was connecting to the server (www.....:8050). It was working fairly well for 4 days, I cant recall the websites dropping out (much) over that 4 days, but then the last 24 hours seems I can even turn it on without the problem occurring. It's using the latest firmware.  I think I will reset it and start again! See if that fixes it. I will try a shorter port number like you have suggested as well.  Thanks for your help & time!
CS

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »

No problem. Please post back after you've run your tests.

chromesphere

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 01:53:34 AM »

Hi Java,
I had another go at it tonight, set the port to 800 and forwarded port 800 on the router to the ipcamera.  Initially it wasn't working same as last night.  1 website worked and the rest of my websites just brought up the camera login screen.  I restarted the camera / router a few times and lost track of where, but, all of sudden it started working again!  This is what it did when I originally set it up, then all of a sudden (last night) it stopped working -> I didn't even touch it, no settings changes nothing, just out of the blue my sites stopped working.

Anyway its working at the moment but Im not convinced its going to stay this way.  I'll update the thread if anything else comes to hand / it causes problems again.
Wish me luck lol
Cheers
CS

chromesphere

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 01:55:28 AM »

And immediately after posting I check my websites and they log into the camera instead of displaying the webpage!!  The HTTP port setting in the camera does not work.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 07:17:39 AM »

chromesphere

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »

HI Java, very nice article!
Unfortunately this is how I set up the camera, pretty much step by step (excluding the user account part).  I noticed last night also that if I ping one of my website names even though I have explicitly stated in the hosts file <website name> = <ip address>, the ping comes back with the correct ip but I still end up on the camera web UI!  I don't even know how that is possible...The camera / router DNS must be getting confused...?  Something to do with having 2 webservers essentially on the same network?

chromesphere

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »

Seems this guy had a very similar problem.  My Camera has been updated with the latest firmware though and I still have the issue.  Upnp is switched off on the camera.  I might look into updating the firmware on the router next.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50721.0

CS

chromesphere

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 06:24:16 PM »

Update for anyone that has this problem in the future. Possibly fixed!  Disabled upnp on the router.  Seems this camera insists on using upnp even if its disabled in the gui running latest firmware 1.09.  Hoping it STAYS fixed. :D