• April 26, 2024, 11:00:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2 x 1.5T Seagates showing as RAID 1 AND JBOD  (Read 11411 times)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: 2 x 1.5T Seagates showing as RAID 1 AND JBOD
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »

Not getting updated directory listing via my PS3 and dlink323 as media server. Does it update if you restart the PS3? I have corrected with with simply restarting the PS3 to update the list in seeing this issue in the past.

I have to unplug the 323 once every couple of days to reset the webclient so I can access the unit through the web browser. Are you running BT while this happens or will it just do it at random times?

I used a wired network on a gigabite switch and get lag in frame selection from the ps3 or complete freeze. Does the video lag or freeze during playback on the PS3 or is the DNS-323 locking up? Can you stop the video and resume?

Why haven't we seen any firmware upgrade since january (other than the hard drive upgrade of 1.07) Have you seen or tried the beta code from the child board?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

dns323user1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »

Not getting updated directory listing via my PS3 and dlink323 as media server. Does it update if you restart the PS3? I have corrected with with simply restarting the PS3 to update the list in seeing this issue in the past.

I've got the same problem.  Restart (of either PS3 or NAS) does not work.  Manual update via the web interface also doesn't work.  Any ideas?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »

Manual update doesn't work? I does not refresh successfully?

dns323user1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 07:48:06 PM »

Nope.  Manual update doesn't solve the problem.  It steps through 0% to 100%, completes, and leaves the ps3 with the same old filelist.  Strange, eh?  I'll try again overnight tonight just to be sure.

dns323user1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »

Seems like brute force wins again.  refresh worked today on the 4th try.  First 3 tries led to error popups or stall at 34%-complete.  So problem's resolved (for now).  Thanks for your help.  Here's hoping it keeps working in the future.  Any way to get an auto- or timed-refresh feature in the next firmware build?  The forums show a lot of interest in it.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »

Oh OK so it was not refreshing successful. Good to hear that is it now working. By design you should not have to manually refresh the UPnP AV media server when you add files to the monitored folders it should update on the fly. However it does not always seem to work properly and must manually be refreshed to verify a successful index of all media files.

coxwain

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »

Which doesnt make any sense,

Auto refress should be 100%,  manual refresh isnt 100% either, dns 323 isnt 100% period!

Update the marketing info and promote as this

NAS
built in BT
thats all that works for me, the JBOD didnt work for me and cant attest to the other things
DNS-323  2x1.5TB Seagate Drives Separate Volumes
Volume1
Volume2
Playstation 3 80gb
Various computers and hardware, Win xp, Win 7,
1.07 firmware
Pages: 1 [2]