• March 28, 2024, 06:22:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help! I Can't Get to Admin Web Site?  (Read 5320 times)

Chas1251

• Level 1 Member
Help! I Can't Get to Admin Web Site?
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:17:18 AM »

I have just hooked up my wireless router, Specifically a WBR-2310, and need to secure the router. I have Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3.

I have been trying to access the Web Site to change user name and password. When I enter the IPA as suggested I get sent to the "ASK.com" web site which refers me back to D-Link Support. Do I have the default correct, which is 192.168.0.1 and that too reroutes me to "Ask.com"? My computer in the config for IPA shows the IPA as 192.168.10.254 which sent me to linksys.com and not the D-Link Admin Site. When I tried it again I was rerouted again to the "Ask.com" again.

How do I get out of this and get my router working right?

Help!!!!!!!!

ravenmark5

• Level 1 Member
Re: Help! I Can't Get to Admin Web Site?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »

Maybe you are connected on a different network specifically a network from a linksys router. Try hardwiring your computer to your router first to check the settings of your wireless and to access the admin page.

arod

Re: Help! I Can't Get to Admin Web Site?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »

yeah it sounds like you're connected to another wireless network. Do what avenmark5 said and connect hard wired to the router. Open a command prompt and an ipconfig. You will have to disable your wireless on the PC first then try to access the dlink config page.

you can reference the following FAQ from the support site on how to configure wireless.

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2484