• April 24, 2024, 04:09:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: SharePort Issue  (Read 5065 times)

thesmack

SharePort Issue
« on: October 11, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »

Well, I have MS Live OneCare and it's firewall seems to be blocking the ports that SharePort is using to interface with my PC.

I called DLink support and they said the program doesn't use ports....which sounded kind of strange.

If anyone knows of any ports I should try or what I could do to get this working I'd be very happy.

Thanks.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: SharePort Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »

It's possible for it to not use any ports at all.  Firewalls can block entire programs from being started as well. And block that specific program's UDP and TCP protocols from sending/receiving.

A common problem that people are mentioning with SharePort is that, any NAS or any storage for that matter, cannot be seen by wireless clients, but can be seen by wired.

What are you attaching?  And, what's your network look like?  Trying to connect via wired or wireless?

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
Re: SharePort Issue
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 10:20:56 AM »

Try allowing C:\Program Files\D-Link\SharePort Network USB Utility\SharePort Network USB Utility.exe for default installations, TCP ports 80 and 2005 and UDP port 9303.