• April 17, 2024, 09:50:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) The server closed the connection without....  (Read 8706 times)

optical10

• Level 1 Member

....sending any data.

I've changed my router from a Linksys to the above Netgear WNDR4500 router. I can see the DNS on the network an access the volumes but when I try to use the browser admin page I get the above error message on any web browser,
"No data received
Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data
."

I turned off my local firewall on the laptop I'm trying to access through to see if that was but that doesn't seem to allow me in either.
I also tried to use "DNS-323_C1_FW_v1.08_Easysearch_v4.7.0.0" after adding access via the firewall But Easy Search doesn't see the DNS, could the NAS be  faulty?
my Netgear WNDR4500 new router has a  network map window which also sees the NAS as you can see below.

Any help much appreciated please as out of options.

DNS 2 x Seagate 750 GB HD's non-raid non-jumbo
Virgin Super Hub Router (Netgear CG 3101D)
TCP Link  8 port gigabit  Switch

WIRED
Notebook Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Desktop Dual Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
WIRELESS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android Tablets (802.11bgn

optical10

• Level 1 Member

SOLVED:
needed to do a hardware reset on the  D-Link DNS-323, nearly invisible button at the rear of the NAS next to the ethernet cable port, hold in for 15 seconds with power on.

DNS 2 x Seagate 750 GB HD's non-raid non-jumbo
Virgin Super Hub Router (Netgear CG 3101D)
TCP Link  8 port gigabit  Switch

WIRED
Notebook Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Desktop Dual Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
WIRELESS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android Tablets (802.11bgn

javsr

• Level 1 Member

Hey thanks optical10 was having the same problem with my Netgear WNDR4500 router and D-Link 323's
Did what you did and all is fine.