• April 19, 2024, 06:11:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My problem with mydlink.com not showing live video.  (Read 2684 times)

tellatubie

• Level 1 Member
My problem with mydlink.com not showing live video.
« on: July 25, 2014, 01:30:01 PM »

To help others avoid the H!ll I went through.

I setup my camera to use wifi and that worked fine.
I later decided to use a wired setup as I wasn't sure how much the camera wifi  traffic would slow down my house wifi.
Thats where the trouble started. To make a long story short to get every  thing to work on the wired connection I updated the setup wizard and firmware although not sure if that really mattered the main
issue I believe was to reset the camera by using paper clip to reset button on back of camera.

"btw the hole is also lit up by the light on the back and makes it somewhat ambiguous that there is a hole there. You should also feel a click when you push it in"

Then rerun the setup wizard. I kept trying to get it working without resetting the camera and it never would work it just gave me the following message on the mydlink.com site:

Your DCS-930L is offline.
Please try the following:
Check to make sure that the Internet connection to your device is working properly.

How?

Try restarting your Internet router.
That I can do.

Unplug your device, then plug it back in.
That I can also do.

Check your device's Internet connections and make sure they are secure.

What exactly is that suppose to mean?

Check to make sure your device is using the latest firmware version. For more information on updating your device’s firmware, click here.

Finally got that to work.

If you still can't access your device, you can hard reset it by pressing and holding its reset button for 15 seconds, then running the Setup Wizard for it again to reinstall and register your device. You can download the latest Setup Wizard for your device from www.mydlink.com/download.
Please click Refresh to reconnect to your device.

stevec50

• Level 1 Member
Re: My problem with mydlink.com not showing live video.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:39:01 AM »

How were you able to get Wi-Fi to work?  I can only get mine to work over Ethernet. Wi-Fi doesn't seem to do anything.