• April 25, 2024, 08:24:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Email was working fine before changing unrelated settings, now test fails FIXED  (Read 2852 times)

bitshift

• Level 1 Member

Motion detection and email alerts was working fine a few minutes ago.  So was email tests.
Now, each test results in "Cant connect to SMTP server"
Using smtp.gmail.com and port 465 with SSL-TLS
Also tried port 587 with STARTTLS same result
I know the smtp settings are correct, because I can test them with an email client.

I also temporarily disabled my routers firewall and tried this again, still no luck.

I think it started failing after changing some unrelated settings with the motion detection, video/image quality or other, I dont recall.

Should I upgrade the firmware?

Is the latest firmware?
Current Firmware Version :   1.02
Current Firmware Date :   2011-10-14

Im looking through the "additional downloads" http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DCS-932L&tab=3, but don't see any firmware downloads?

???

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:02:25 PM by bitshift »

bitshift

• Level 1 Member

Ok, not sure why this worked, but I managed to get it working.
I just started playing with and updating a lot of different settings.
Enable and then disable Bonjur
Enable then disable UUnP, then Re-enable.
Then Disable and re-Enable motion detection.

Test succeeds.

I think it was the cycle where I disabled and re-enabled motion detection that did it.

Also during this whole process I had rebooted the device (under maintenence > system > reboot )
I had also done several hard resets, but I think it was the cycle of disable and re-enable the motion detection that finally force the email notifications to work again.