• March 28, 2024, 06:31:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Installation on Linux computer running Ubuntu Version Hardy  (Read 4781 times)

Bluebaron

• Level 1 Member

While the back of Wizard installation CD folder said "For MAC and Linux users please use the documentation on the CD located in the \docs\ folder", I did not find any instructions.  Are there some instructions that will help me install my WBR-2310 on my Linux computer?

cloon

• Level 2 Member
Re: Installation on Linux computer running Ubuntu Version Hardy
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »

You don,t need a wizzard to setup this unit.  I don't know how to check this but your linux need to be configured to use DHCP.   Once you get an Ip address you only need to go to http://192.168.0.1/ to access the router login page and setup your security.

To check if it worked..  your computer should have an ip address something like  192.168.0.100 with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

cloon.

You will soon see issue with wireless and that device with many post concerning that issue..   try the latest firmware and you may be ok..

hope this helped..

Bluebaron

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »

Recommended method of access to the router worked. :) Got a wireless network set up with appropriate security.  Checked with successful access by laptop.  Now I have one more question. Can I log in to another established wireless network in range through the router? ???

cloon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »

I don't think that device can be use that way.  Looks like you are trying to use the device as a repeater.  Maybe your other device can. 

Somebody could probably do this with linux with 2 network card one acting as the wan side and the other connecting to your other network but I can't help you with that and I'm not completely sure it can be done...

sorry

cloon_