• March 18, 2024, 08:04:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: View-NVR Mobile app install  (Read 2672 times)

6Wizard9

• Level 1 Member
View-NVR Mobile app install
« on: November 16, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »

After quite a bit of frustration, I was able to get my NVR-202L working -and with 3 cameras.
-but I had to use my windows machine to set it up and it had to have Win7 and IE <10.
Also, I had to disable nearly all of the security settings so all plugins would fire.
My MBP w/Yosemite could not do it, but I'm a bit green with IOS.

Sorry but this is kind of fiddly, picky stuff to get working first time through, but afterwards my MBP and iPhone work great and reliable.
The error messaging could be more comprehensive and specific though...

Now to install the View-NVR mobile app on my iPhone 6...
I'm getting a "Cannot Open Page, Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid."
And that was using the URL provided here in the forum.
I messaged DLink about this, but am I missing something?
The link takes me to the iTunes iTunes app and I already have that on my iPhone.
From within iTunes, it just wants me to buy media...its not the app store.
k

Actually, having a great deal of difficulty just finding this app on the iTunes app site.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: View-NVR Mobile app install
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DNR? Look at the sticker behind or under the device.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DNRs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Is the DNR getting a Dynamic IP address from the main host router? I recommend using a Static IP address ON the DNS set to 192.168.#.34 or .40.

What iOS version are you using on the phone?
After installing the app it should open itself and present a mdlink.com log in in which you should have already set up beforehand. Should not open Safari. Just input the user account information then it should present you with a list of devices that are associated with the MDL service. The DNR should appear here. Mine does however it's off line at this time.

What model cameras are you using?
  • What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What wireless modes are you using on the main host router?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.10 and .11  DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.