• March 29, 2024, 03:53:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "custom" DDNS provider  (Read 6395 times)

squeegily_alt

• Level 1 Member
  • DIR-655_B1 @ 2.12NA
"custom" DDNS provider
« on: July 18, 2020, 03:04:04 PM »

Does anybody know what API the setting “Tools”, “DDNS” implements?

I'm trying to use it with Namecheap, now that DLINKDDNS is shut down, so I've entered in the following for my website, node1.na.example.com:

(Based roughly on these instructions)
  • Enable Dynamic DNS: ☑
  • Server Address: dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com
  • Host Name: node1.na
  • Username or Key: example.com
  • Password or Key: <my DDNS key>

However, I'm seeing the following error:

Therefore,
Does anybody know what API the setting “Tools”, “DDNS” implements, if not the standard which e.g. ddclient implements?

(I'd like to request to my DDNS host  to implement it, if possible.)

Thank you.

D-Link Dynamic DNS (dlinkddns) Discontinued Service Notice

Dear D-Link Customer,

The Dynamic DNS Service offered by D-Link (dlinkddns) will be discontinued on July 02, 2020. After this date, the service will no longer be useable.

What does this mean for you?

If you are currently using or plan to use the D-Link Dynamic DNS service, we recommend the use of another provider in order to avoid potential issues and service interruption that may occur.

For clarity, the Dynamic DNS feature of your device(s) remains functional. You may still set up Dynamic DNS utilizing an alternative provider via the D-Link setup WebGUI. However, if you still find dlinkddns.com as one of the options for a Dynamic DNS server during set up, please kindly be informed that this option will not function once the service is discontinued.

All other services will continue as normal.

Thank you for your understanding.

D-Link Customer Service
prev. account banned for "spam" upon creation, hopefully this one works

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: "custom" DDNS provider
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

I would get into a newer model D-Link router. The 655 is EOL and not configurable with other DDNS services. If you need to use other non D-Link DNS services, I recommend manually using those DNS addresses give by those DDNS services or get into a newer supporting router that can be configured with other DDNS services.

Good Luck.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.