• April 26, 2024, 09:25:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Email Setup  (Read 2691 times)

randymir

• Level 1 Member
Email Setup
« on: October 18, 2010, 07:45:25 AM »

I am trying to set up the email notifications for my DIR-655, but am having quite a struggle.

I've set it up for both Gmail and Godaddy accounts. Everything appears in order, so I go to the log file and click send. It comes back and says it will send the log file to #####@gmail.com, but nothing ever goes to the account (as far as I can tell). I check the logs and it doesn't register that it sent anything or that it failed.

Settings are. . .

Gmail
SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465 and 587

GoDaddy
SMTP: smtpout.secureserver.net
Port: 465 and 587(I've also tried port 80)

Any idea what I'm missing?

Randy

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Email Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »

I am trying to set up the email notifications for my DIR-655, but am having quite a struggle.

I've set it up for both Gmail and Godaddy accounts. Everything appears in order, so I go to the log file and click send. It comes back and says it will send the log file to #####@gmail.com, but nothing ever goes to the account (as far as I can tell). I check the logs and it doesn't register that it sent anything or that it failed.

Settings are. . .

Gmail
SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465 and 587

GoDaddy
SMTP: smtpout.secureserver.net
Port: 465 and 587(I've also tried port 80)

Any idea what I'm missing?

Randy

Hi Randy,

The From Email Address and To Email Address should be different.

I can't tell which is which.

From sending from Gmail, the port is 465.

GoDaddy, I don't know.

Does GoDaddy require authentication?
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10