• April 18, 2024, 11:13:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: view missing from draw detection area screen  (Read 3986 times)

Toni A

• Level 1 Member
view missing from draw detection area screen
« on: November 26, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

I didn't find this anywhere else, sooooooo...
I set my DCS-942L motion detection area over wifi while in-house. Now I'm away and would like to change the detection area. The view in the draw detection area screen either comes up just lines (no pic) or not at all.

Must I be on the same network to make these changes?

Possibly related (unsure), when I live view on my pc's I sometimes have to try several times to get the picture.  Works every time on my mobile devices.  A second camera views first time on all devices, so it isn't the pc's

Any help is appreciated!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: view missing from draw detection area screen
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:01:16 AM »

Your issue may be browser related. Are you running the same browser and version on both client PCs? Are the Java versions the same on both PCs? I suggest looking for something that may be different between both clients.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Toni A

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »

Thanks... I'm running IE on my desktop and Chrome on my laptop, same problem.  Java versions I don't know.  But if it were either of those why would my Florida camera work fine and my Georgia camera not so much?  As far as I know I set them up identically.  And Georgia worked perfectly when I was in-network on this same laptop.

I thought maybe I had to be on the same network as the camera I'm trying to change... your thoughts on that?  And do you think it could be related to the fact that it takes me a few refreshes to get the Georgia view, when Florida works first time, every time?

Very much appreciate your time and assistance!  ;D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »

I can't comment on the impact of adding cameras that are physically located on different LANs. As far as the two DCS-942Ls are concerned, do they both have the same firmware version? Are both DCS-942s connected the same way (e.g. both wired or both wireless)? I've also found that the router plays some role in the camera behavior. I presume the two cameras are tethered to different router brands/models.

Something else to test: Did you try using your laptop to remotely connect (off your network) to the Florida DCS-942L to see if it behaves the same as Georgia?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Toni A

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »

Great thoughts, thanks so much! 
They are both set up wireless, different brand routers.  You are sure right about the modem affecting behavior... I had to completely replace my Florida modem as the camera connection would die every 12 hours.  New modem, no more problems there!

My firmware in Florida is 1.01 0902, Georgia is 1.02 1030.  Makes me hesitate to upgrade Florida, lest I bring on the Georgia problem.

Unfortunately I don't yet have an SD card in Florida, so I'm unable to test for the problem of changing the motion detection area.  I'll fix that at Christmas and see if the problem is the same.

Finally, either I didn't understand your comment or (more likely) I didn't explain my question very well.  I'm asking if you know if one must be on the same network as the camera to change the motion detect area.  I might be trying to do the impossible.  That would eliminate one of my two problems pretty quickly!

Thanks again!!