• March 28, 2024, 10:39:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: The wizard does not recognize my DCS942L  (Read 10303 times)

SunilDaswani

• Level 1 Member
The wizard does not recognize my DCS942L
« on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »

I installed my camera DCS942L but for some reason once i took out the ethernet cable the light turned to red, so from my dlink account deleted that camera (i have more dlink cameras in my account) reading the FAQs with a clip i tried to hard reset the camera to do the instalation from the beggining.
with no power supply i clipped the reset button and put the power supply till the red light keeps flashing, now the camera has a continous green light, but when i try to do the instalation the wizard does not find my camera :-\ Can anyone help me please?? thank you

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: The wizard does not recognize my DCS942L
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 07:09:40 AM »

You can configure the DCS-942L manually by entering the camera IP address into a browser using a PC on the same LAN. Once you setup the camera for wireless access, you can try running the Setup Wizard again to perform the mydlink account registration.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Joe12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »

I did a firmware update yesterday and now I can't use the DCS 942 unit. It does not connect, nor can it be reset. I have held down the reset button for more than 15 seconds and it will not reset. I deleted it and tried to reinstall but it will not see the DCS 942 unit. I think the firmware update fried my camera...
Anyone out there that can offer any suggestions?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 05:46:24 PM »

If you connect the DCS-942L to your router via a wired connection, can you access the web UI (IP address) via a browser on a PC on the same LAN as the camera?

Joe12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 03:13:35 PM »

I tried to do this and I get the following error message, This page can’t be displayed
•Make sure the web address http://192.168.1.16 is correct.

Joe12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »

also the camera starts to heat up

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 03:21:08 PM »

Are you sure the IP address is correct? I recommend logging into your router web UI and check the connected device table to be sure. If you're using DHCP with no IP reservation the IP address may change.

Joe12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »

Hi, I did this and the camera is not showing even though it is connected directly to the router and powered on.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »

Does the camera show up on the connected device table in your router? Also, what make/model router do you have?

Joe12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »

Before the firmware update, the camera showed up on the table. The camera was working but the update changed that. My router is a NETGEAR.

Joe12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »

I did notice that when I did the firmware update, I didn't get any sort of confirmation that it was completed. The update screen just disappeared after a few minutes so I assumed it was complete. Could the update process be corrupted and if so what can I do to restore to previous version?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »

If the firmware upload failed due to a network/connectivity disruption or power failure, it's possible the camera will be rendered unusable. Please see the following FAQ post: DCS Network Cameras - My Camera Doesn't Work Following a Failed Firmware Update.

If the camera is in fact corrupt, then I recommend calling D-Link technical support for a possible replacement if the camera is still under warranty. Please see the following post for D-Link contact info and other related posts: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information.

Before we go down this path, you need to be sure the camera is not reachable. Try the following remedial actions in the order listed:

• Perform another factory reset (Factory reset procedure is listed in the following post: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information)
  • Attach the DCS--942L to your router via a wired connection
  • Reboot your router and visit the Attached Devices table and look for the DCS-942L IP address (for the purposes of this troubleshooting make sure you've deleted any reserved IP address entry previously saved for the DCS-942L MAC address)
  • If you can successfully see the DCS-942L IP address, then enter the DCS-942L IP address into a browser on a PC wired to the same LAN as the DCS-942L (IE 10 or earlier works best)