• March 28, 2024, 02:49:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dir-655 linkspeed only 130Mbps  (Read 4440 times)

icarus18

• Level 1 Member
Dir-655 linkspeed only 130Mbps
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »

i am really frustrated about this problem i dont know whats wrong with this router, i have dir-655EU FW v 2.09b13 Hw Revb2

The thing is i get only130Mbps on link speed and its drops 65Mbps its like alternating,

another one is when transferiing data to dlink dns 320l i get 2MB/s BUT SOMETIMES i Get 10MB/s

sometimes browsing  would become so slow almost cant browse i dont know why but when i unplugged the isp cable and insert it to my laptop or pc its faster and usable (my solution to this is i save a router configuration and when this problem exist i just restore that config and it works again i dont know why its happening even though i dont change the settings)

and the last thing i almost need to flush my dns,

Hope you can help me

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Dir-655 linkspeed only 130Mbps
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• Has a Factory Reset been performed?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
FW Update Process
  • Was the router working before any firmware updates?

Wireless Configurations
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion and Good Neighbour Policy
  • Ensure the default (dlink) SSID name is changed. Can be anything and not something that's already in use by any neighboring WiFi routers. Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
  • What wireless modes are you using?
  • 2.4Ghz Routers only: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N?
  • Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
  • Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear.
  • What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
  • What wireless devices do you have connected?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many?
  • If you have any of these options, Try turning OFF or ON Short GI, WLAN Partition, Extra Wireless Protection and HT 20/40 Co-existence if you have it. Also testing with HT20/40Mhz Co-existence enabled will impact results as well. I prefer to use this option OFF. Recommended settings are default. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

Router Placement
Forum User - "Well I feel really dumb. After moving the router away from other electronic devices my speeds are back to normal. Just a heads up for anyone experiencing slow speeds, you might want to move it away from other electronics and see if that helps."
6" minimum safe distance between devices.

3rd Party Security Software Configurations
  • Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.
  • Turn off all devices accept for one wired LAN PC while testing.
  • Disable any downloading client software managers, i.e. Torrents or similar.

Ensure your wireless devices are supporting of 300Mbs connection on wireless. Not all do. You'll need to refer to the devices Mfr support site for information. When attempting to connect at 300Mbs on WiFi, Single mode N, WPA2/AES only and Auto channel scan and Auto Channel Width need to be set on the router. Disable 20/40Mhz Coexistence as well. Even then, it will depend on your device supporting 300Mhz speeds on 2.4Ghz. My Mac Book Pro doesn't. 130Mbs is max. I can on 5ghz though.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

icarus18

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 01:05:59 AM »

Has a Factory Reset been performed?
 A Lot!
Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
FW Update Process

Yes
Was the router working before any firmware updates?
I notice the problem after two months updating to the latest firmware

Wireless Configurations
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion and Good Neighbour Policy
Ensure the default (dlink) SSID name is changed. Can be anything and not something that's already in use by any neighboring WiFi routers. Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
Yes  its unique

What wireless modes are you using?
2.4Ghz Routers only: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N?
i already did that and it doesnt work
Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
it doest work too

Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear.
still the same
What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
it doesntwork
What wireless devices do you have connected?
i only have two wireless device
Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by?
no
Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many?
only three
If you have any of these options, Try turning OFF or ON Short GI, WLAN Partition, Extra Wireless Protection and HT 20/40 Co-existence if you have it. Also testing with HT20/40Mhz Co-existence enabled will impact results as well. I prefer to use this option OFF. Recommended settings are default. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.
nope the problem still exist, altough i find that i dont have the option of extra wireless protection

Router Placement
Forum User - "Well I feel really dumb. After moving the router away from other electronic devices my speeds are back to normal. Just a heads up for anyone experiencing slow speeds, you might want to move it away from other electronics and see if that helps."
6" minimum safe distance between devices.

noted but still dont resolved the problem

3rd Party Security Software Configurations
Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.
Turn off all devices accept for one wired LAN PC while testing.
Disable any downloading client software managers, i.e. Torrents or similar.

noted, not working

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:50:18 AM »

What is this device that you are seeing this fluctuation in connection speeds?
What is it's max WiFi supported connection speed?

Do other devices exhibit the same thing?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.