• April 24, 2024, 11:19:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: UPnP AV server Refresh  (Read 3928 times)

ScratchDisc

UPnP AV server Refresh
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »

Is there a way to get the server to refresh when I transfer files to it. I know there is auto refresh (which doesn't even show up as an option for me), but I believe that will cause my hdds to spin up constantly. I would rather it update the server when a new file has been added to the monitored folder. Possible?

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: UPnP AV server Refresh
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »

Next firmware will have this feature in it. :)

ScratchDisc

Re: UPnP AV server Refresh
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »

Ok, I don't know if it's the upnp av server in the box, or if it's my player, but I didn't have as much "sticking" of files as I do now when I was using tversity. I reply to my own comment, instead of creating a new one, because I feel this issue is still related to the refresh on my media files. Anyone else having this problem, and maybe have a solution. I have to fight with it, reboot everything, wait 10mins for the av server to refresh, restart, and eventually come up stairs to just burn a media cd. kinda why I wanted one of these things so I don't have to burn cds.

PS. when the files show up, plays fine. a little testy with some media, but, meh, it's expected.