• March 28, 2024, 08:34:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Code 10. This device cannot start!! (VistaHome Premium)  (Read 20179 times)

wolfgang

Code 10. This device cannot start!! (VistaHome Premium)
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:16:52 PM »

Hy! In windows XP the adapter works fine, but in Vista cannot start. Why?I have the latest driver from D-link site... Is there a problem with d-link software? I have a Dell 1520 Notebook(IntelCore2Duo 1,7, 2 GB AM..etc). I read here from other members whit the same problem and it seems that nobody knows the solve of this annoying problem. For the software devlopment team of d-link: Please, do something and make a driver who solve this bug!!! It's outrrageous!!  >:(

arod

Re: Code 10. This device cannot start!! (VistaHome Premium)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »

wolfgang,

Do you experience the same thing when using the windows utility? Uninstall the D-Link utility including the drivers and re-install the drivers only and use Windows utility to connect. Please reference the following link to update the driver only.  http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2729&question=driver

howard251

• Level 1 Member
Re: Code 10. This device cannot start!! (VistaHome Premium)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »

I am using Windows 7 and my D-link DWA-140 always worked fine. Then I started to get Code 10. This device cannot start. This really drove me crazy trying to find out what happened. In my case I had just installed a Logitech QuickCam for Notebook Pro web cam. When I unplugged my Logitech web cam the Dlink DWA-140 drivers installed correctly and I no longer got the Code 10. error.
When I plugged my web cam back in, the Dlink DWA-140 would disconnect and there would be the yellow exclamation point when looking at it using the device manager.
This is Windows 7 and I cannot figure out why there should be any conflicts like this.
In case anyone else is receiving an error Code 10, unplug your USB devices one at a time, and every time you do, delete the DWA-140 from the Device Manager and then choose Scan For Hardware Changes and see if installs correctly.
Hope this helps someone else.
 P.S. If I get this error on Windows 7, the same thing could happen with Vista or XP.