• March 28, 2024, 03:31:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist  (Read 181825 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 08:07:36 AM »

V3.12 partially fixed [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshot trigger to "Always" but the SD recording still gets disabled. ::)

Updated...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 08:11:53 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest software update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• General - Ability for the app to run in the background to perform other tasks
  • General - Option to select JPEG using manual refresh button rather than 240/480 (to accommodate slow connections)
  • Security - Add passcode lock
  • Security - Add "Remember Password" feature for iOS
  • Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Option to move camera to preset positions[/color]
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Playback options
  • Support - DCS-6010L - Option to select user defined video profile (i.e. Remove dependency to video profile 3 with H.264 512kpbs)
  • Option to disable events (i.e. motion detection, etc)
  • Ability to access and modify camera settings
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 )
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • Motion Detection - Option to enabled/disable motion detection on all cameras with one button
  • Pan/Tilt - Smooth panning through dragging camera
  • Security - Phone alarm (or beep within the app) activated upon a motion detection event
  • Support Retina iPad display
  • Video - H.264 support for H.264 enabled Cloud cameras
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App disables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" [FIXED!]
  • App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size [FIXED!]
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]
  • mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]

andy1234

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2013, 07:00:06 AM »

I am unable to find the toggle to enable/disable motion detection in the mydlink Lite app for iPhone. This problem has been discussed here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=53956.0

Under the mydlink Lite general settings, there is only one option (to mute the camera by default or not). Under the camera specific settings, there is also only one option (to rename the camera).

Camera: DCS-930L, firmware version 1.08
mydlink Lite version: 3.1.2 (2 Nov 2013)
Device: iPhone 5, running iOS 7.0.4

Thanks!

Freccia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »

Ability to view Recorded Video from MySurveillance app of dns-327L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2013, 05:11:57 AM »

I am unable to find the toggle to enable/disable motion detection in the mydlink Lite app for iPhone. This problem has been discussed here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=53956.0

Under the mydlink Lite general settings, there is only one option (to mute the camera by default or not). Under the camera specific settings, there is also only one option (to rename the camera).

Camera: DCS-930L, firmware version 1.08
mydlink Lite version: 3.1.2 (2 Nov 2013)
Device: iPhone 5, running iOS 7.0.4

Thanks!

Added to the wishlist.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2013, 05:12:16 AM »

Ability to view Recorded Video from MySurveillance app of dns-327L

Added to the wishlist. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2013, 05:15:24 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest software update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• General - Option to select JPEG using manual refresh button rather than 240/480 (to accommodate slow connections)
  • Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Support - DNS-327L - Option to play video recorded by the My Surveillance app
  • Support - DCS-6010L - Option to select user defined video profile (i.e. Remove dependency to video profile 3 with H.264 512kpbs)
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable motion detection
  • Motion Detection - Option to enabled/disable motion detection on all cameras with one button
  • Security - Phone alarm (or beep within the app) activated upon a motion detection event
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App disables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

• [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" [FIXED!]
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »

Bug: Pan and tilt cameras DCS 5010, 5020, ... When they are installed inverted  and mirror+invert options are checked on the web interface, causes the pan and tilt arrows on the application to control the camera in the opposite direction than the direction desired.

Freccia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »

Provide controls to ePTZ viewing for cams with ePTZ capabilities like my DCS-2132L.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »

Bug: Pan and tilt cameras DCS 5010, 5020, ... When they are installed inverted  and mirror+invert options are checked on the web interface, causes the pan and tilt arrows on the application to control the camera in the opposite direction than the direction desired.

Added to feature wishlist  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »

Provide controls to ePTZ viewing for cams with ePTZ capabilities like my DCS-2132L.

Added to feature wishlist  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2013, 10:48:12 AM »

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• Support - DCS-2132L - Provide ePTZ controls
  • Support - DCS-5010L/5020L - Pan/Tilt controls on mydlink Lite do not work properly when the Mirror and Invert options are selected on the camera web UI

mstoetzel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2014, 01:04:38 AM »

what about something along the line of a in phone based motion detection, similar to the dview app on windows, my wife and i use this often on our laptop when the baby is asleep upstairs we setup the camera on the baby with motion even triggering a beep from the computer, so that when the baby moves it will beep and we can check on her, this would be nice feature to have on phone/ipad so that we can just put that on and not have to have the laptop wasting power as well having to lug it around with us. just a simple even motion trigger, doesnt even need to be too advanced, however zones would be nice, i know i could setup in camera just to email me, but sometimes those emails are not very quick to arrive and for events such as watching the baby its nice to have right there.

Totally agree!! We have the same setting at home (little baby). The app displays a notification when the camera detects movement, but the phone does not beep. A sound alert (or ringtone setting) in combination with the alert should not be too difficult to implement. Without sound alert, we have to constantly watch the app, which is not very convenient if we sit in a nearby restaurant...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2014, 09:24:46 AM »

This wishlist contains suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link software releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest software update are striked out.

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• Support - DCS-2132L - Provide ePTZ controls
  • Support - DCS-5010L/5020L - Pan/Tilt controls on mydlink Lite do not work properly when the Mirror and Invert options are selected on the camera web UI

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2014, 07:38:28 AM »

When using Passive Infrared as the trigger, it takes many steps over the actual HTTP interface to control it.
1. Add motion detection and PIR master toggle into the app interface.
2. Improve motion detection toggle accessibility, so that it can be toggled from the camera list.
3. Allow toggle for several/all cameras in the list with one selection. (Stored selection checkboxes?)

Notices:
There already is the motion detection master setting in the camera / settings. So the motion detection master toggle is already implemented. It could be easier to toggle, and it does not change PIR trigger mode. The motion detection toggle is also behind several steps, inside camera settings. The camera settings can not be reached in landscape mode. The selection should be quicker, hopefully in the camera list, as a button or checkbox with each camera.

If there is several cameras, then toggling them in groups would be great. The easiest this could be done in the camera list, with selection checkbox, and then extra button at the top or bottom to toggle them all. The selections could be remembered across the app executions, so you can toggle a certain set of cameras with quick selection.

Even better would be camera grouping, and adding group control for the multi-toggle, but that would need the group selection and storing user interface.

EDIT:
Looks like there are several detection methods in various camera models.
Perhaps all these could be combined under general "detection trigger toggle"?

Either the App could toggle them on/off, or the cameras themselves could allow this kind of centralized functionality. And of course those people who want to keep two different modes in various conditions could still use the UI. Or the toggle could be app-level combination selection of several toggles, depending on the camera type and user selections.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:16:42 AM by TKorho »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7