• April 16, 2024, 02:34:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Playing music from SD card?  (Read 8192 times)

smeat2000

• Level 1 Member
Playing music from SD card?
« on: October 19, 2014, 07:50:08 AM »

I have a mirco SD card in the camera and with the new firmware we now have a button to play music off the SD card. However, I only get 5 buttons to play the music on the SD card? Is there a way to play for then 5 songs from the card? There is a "play all" button but I don't want to play the 50 songs on the SD card.

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: Playing music from SD card?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 12:08:37 PM »

This feature is something we just introduced to these camera models (DCS-820L, DCS-825L and the soon to be released DCS-855L)

The feature has a limit of 5 songs, so you have to be selective of the ones you would like it to play. Loading 50 MP3 would do nothing since this is not a conventional media player.
There is also a procedure that explains how to upload files to your memory card. This procedure includes a step where you need to rename the MP3 files with the correct song position number (1-5) as this positions are the only ones mapped for playback. You can find this document on our support site. ( http://support.dlink.com ) and search for your model number.

smeat2000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »

Thank you for answering my question. For anyone interested here are the instructions for adding music to your SD card:

1. Remove the microSD card from your Baby Camera (DCS-855L, DCS-825L or DCS-820L) and
insert it into your computer’s on-board card reader (if available) or into a USB card reader
connected to your computer.

Note: You may need an SD card adapter depending on the configuration of your card
reader.

2. In the root (base) folder of the microSD card, create a new folder called music
(i.e., G:\music, where G represents the letter assigned to the microSD card.

3. Copy the desired MP3 files to the newly created folder. The MP3 files should be named
using the following format: “1.mp3”, “2.mp3”, “3.mp3”, “4.mp3”, “5.mp3” (i.e., G:\music\1.mp3)

Note: A maximum of five MP3 files can be used as lullabies.

4. Use the eject command to ensure that the microSD card can be safely removed from your
computer. Then remove the microSD card from your computer or USB card reader and insert
it back into your Baby Camera’s microSD card slot.

mp8223

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »

Hi,

did you or anyone else manage to play mp3 files from the SD card?
I followed the instructions in the previous post, and also the instructions from the support page, but I did not manage to play any mp3.

- I used naming 1.mp3, 2.mp3, 3.mp3, 4.mp3, 5.mp3
- I used firmware version 1.04
- I tried playback via IPhone App "mydlink baby" and select sd card there and song number, which somewhat seems to do something (but no playback)
- I tried to bind the mp3 to the button, which did not succeed as well
- I tried with fixed bitrate 128K, does not play
- I tried with fixed bitrate 256K, playback activation via iphone app, which made the camera software crash (become inresponsive over network).

So I think that this function is not working as it was intended.

Also, I have experienced that the debug wep page : http://<intranet ip>/eng/mainFrame_debug.cgi?nav=Setup# --> "Audio player" seems not being fully implemented in respect to the SD Card playback:
- Upload seems to work (files are created on sd card) but I cannot view or select uploaded mp3 files
- Clicking on the Link "sdcard /music" does not display the files from the sd card, but from the internal memory/readonly-fs (compared with music button setup, where this is at least working)

Can you comment on that?
If its an uninteneded bug, a fix whould be appreciated very much  :)

Anyway, have a nice christmas you guys and girls from the d link developer team!

mp8223

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 03:45:38 PM »

Hi again,

I figured out, why my mp3 files did not play on the DCS 825L :

1. : The Naming must be 01.mp3, 02.mp3 ... my fault.

2. : The mp3 file MUST HAVE an ID3 Tag. If not, it does not play.

It had nothing to do with bitrate (tried 48 (like the original files) up to 128kbit)
It had nothing to do with mode joint stereo or mono (like original files), both can be played
It had nothing to do with sample rate : 22 khz and 48 khz (like original files), both can be played
Also the size of the file seems not to matter.

I had generated the mp3 from a wav file using "lame 3.99.5" command line. Thats how I got mp3 files without id3 tag.

Wep page still does not work properly, but IPhone app is able to start playback of songs from sdcard and button asignment does also work.

I was not able to generate any URL that does start a playback from the sdcard. But it seems that the driver cgi file /var/www/cgi/cgibox is aware of the sdcard position /mnt/usb/ + music/ .

Anyway, the (debug) webpage is not mandatory because playback can be started from a smartphone.

best regards!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:48:34 PM by mp8223 »