• March 28, 2024, 02:31:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera Lost All Connectivity  (Read 4469 times)

a.browser

• Level 1 Member
Camera Lost All Connectivity
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »

Good afternoon,

I bought my 932L camera in August 2012.  It has worked fine up until a few weeks ago.  A time or two before, it went offline and I had to repeat the setup wizard procedure to restore it.  This time I cannot even get past the wired portion of setup.  In fact, my router does not acknowledge a connection to the camera (no LED light for the port where it is connected).

I have tried the setup procedure several times and done a hardware reset several times.  When powered and connected to the router, the front LED remains red.  The camera does click when the light changes indicating that it switches between daytime and IR modes.  It is the connectivity aspect that does not work.

Any suggestions or does it seem like a hardware failure?

Thanks,

Lanny

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Camera Lost All Connectivity
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »

You might want to try rebooting your router.  Next make sure the DCS-932L is wired to your PC during the setup procedure.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

a.browser

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »

Thanks for both of your relpies.

I have tried both suggestions before, but I repeated them just now.

I swapped cables with another device: the other device worked with both cables, the camera would not work with either cable.  Then after rebooting the router I powered up the camera.  The blue LED stays lit for several seconds and then goes dark; the red LED stays lit for abut 30 seconds, blinks three times, and then becomes solid red, never turning green.

Any other suggestions before I call tech support for a RMA?

a.browser

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »

An interesting turn of events!  My camera began working and has held up for almost two months.

When I first got the camera I was able to use it wirelessly only after using an Ethernet cable to perform the initial setup.  Since then, whenever it went offline I would have to revert back to the cable to initialize it again.  That was what I was trying to do here.  On a lark, I tried a wireless setup and it worked!

Why it worked I cannot tell you.  Once it did though I did not even try to see if it would connect by cable.  At this point I am not going to mess with success.  It has even weathered a couple of storm power outages and reconnected on its own.