• March 28, 2024, 05:25:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: slow "looking up..." when connected to VPN  (Read 3449 times)

jraymond

• Level 1 Member
slow "looking up..." when connected to VPN
« on: August 21, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »

Hi.  I'm hoping someone might know the answer to this.  I've been using this router for a few months now and it's much better than my last one but there's one problem and I don't know if it's a DNS setting or a VPN setting or what, but I work from home so I'm VPN'd in all day.  Remote stuff works fine.  But if I browse the web on my local machine while connected to VPN, everything hangs on, for example, "looking up forums.dlink.com" for like 10 or 15 seconds before finally locating it.  Once found, it'll remember for a short while but after like a minute of inactivity it'll happen again, for each unique domain, so it gets annoying when a site's pulling stuff from an image server, ad server, etc., since it winds up taking like 30 seconds to load.  Now, my old router didn't do that, and I guess it's because I had it set to just be a gateway, but I don't know.  I also can't connect to its admin page at 192.168.0.1 when my VPN is connected.  Anyway, does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks.
- joe -

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: slow "looking up..." when connected to VPN
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »

That would tottally depend on the VPn type and the configuration of the remote site your connecting to.