• April 25, 2024, 06:54:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Video Playback behavior (Music Videos)  (Read 4386 times)

MCMunroe

• Level 1 Member
Video Playback behavior (Music Videos)
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »

How the DSM-520, behaves for TV shows and movies is just fine.
  It plays the file and then ends with a "End of Video File, press OK to Continue" or some such message.

But this doesn't work at all for playing a group of smaller files, IE Music Video's. For some reason even with Shuffle and Repeat on, the player simply plays the one file and then stops with the message.

Can we get a very easy logic update to playback?
  - To play next file if less 10 minutes or something.
  - To just listen to the Shuffle and Repeat options when on?

There also doesn't seem any way to make a playlist of Video files. I made play lists using m3u and pls playlists but there is no option to use playlists while in Video Mode.

When I used to use my computer instead of the DSM-520, I would always play my Music Video directory on shuffle when entertaining. Sadly this can not be done at all on the DSM-520

MCMunroe

• Level 1 Member
Re: Video Playback behavior (Music Videos)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »

Wasn't there a way to get Windows Media Center to control the DSM or something? Maybe that method could get the player to do what I want. Or is that just more server where the DSM is in control still?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »

The DSM-520 does not support video in playlist playback.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

wrobinson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:06:46 AM »

Any update to this?  Is it supported some how now?  Not sure it is as I can not get it to work.  I am running Window Media Player 11, D-Link Media Server 1.10 and DSM-520 version 1.06.

Thanks as I created the video playlist and as each video stops it wants me to press ok and select the next video.