• March 28, 2024, 06:20:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: DCS-942L Rev A - Firmware v1.23 Comments & Observations  (Read 48185 times)

ionc

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware v1.23 Comments & Observations
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 12:49:06 AM »

Having the same issue. The only way to solve it was to restore the camera to factory defaults. however, after 20-30 emails the camera stopped sending alerts as well as recording on sd card.

superdave

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »

I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.23 I assume) and now my images are overexposed during the daytime if there is any sunlight illuminating the scene.

the camera itself is never in direct sunlight.  it is under eaves.

also the mydlink lite android app crashes when you try to play back an mp4 movie, but whatever.

superdave

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »

pics showing overexposed image.

before upgrade

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6o61wu37v642sw/before.jpg

after upgrade

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35zpozi60mby9t1/after.jpg

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »

I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.23 I assume) and now my images are overexposed during the daytime if there is any sunlight illuminating the scene.

the camera itself is never in direct sunlight.  it is under eaves.

also the mydlink lite android app crashes when you try to play back an mp4 movie, but whatever.

Thanks.  Are other DCS-942L owners experiencing this same issue?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 06:46:17 PM »

I recall reading about some daylight over exposure issues some users experienced when "Anti-flicker" was enabled.  Perhaps this got enabled during the firmware upgrade?  (At least, I think that's what I remember reading.)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »

I recall reading about some daylight over exposure issues some users experienced when "Anti-flicker" was enabled.  Perhaps this got enabled during the firmware upgrade?  (At least, I think that's what I remember reading.)

Good catch.  ;)

Please see if Anti-Flicker is enabled under SETUP > Image Setup, and if so, disable the setting.

superdave

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »

I don't have flicker setting but did change frequency from 60 hz to auto and that seems to have solved it for now (knock on wood)

Confusing since my power is 120vac 60hz

Спасибо

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »

I don't have flicker setting but did change frequency from 60 hz to auto and that seems to have solved it for now (knock on wood)

Confusing since my power is 120vac 60hz

Спасибо

Thanks for posting your solution.

bizarrorollins

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »

Are other DCS-942L owners experiencing this issue?  ???

I recently purchased a DCS-942L so firmware v1.23 is the only firmware that I have known. Upon initial configuration for snapshots (send to email on detection), video clips (send to ftp on detection) and SD recording (always on) everything appears to function properly. These functions are all working properly, however, once the device resets, either via power interruption or using the software scheduled reboot or software reboot option, all configuration seems to no longer function properly. All of the settings ARE still present when viewed online, however none of the settings seem to operate any longer. I have noticed this on each of the 2 previous power cycles. I must then remove all settings and reconfigure each setting again, but it seems to run into the same problem upon the next reboot. There are no new entries in the log to indicate what may have occurred to cause any type of interruption of normal service. I am planning to downgrade to v1.22 to test the functionality from that firmware version. If I still run into issues, I may be returning this device for a refund.

happywizard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »

Having the same issue. The only way to solve it was to restore the camera to factory defaults. however, after 20-30 emails the camera stopped sending alerts as well as recording on sd card.

Indeed, the DCS-942L - Firmware v1.23 updated screwed up SD recording and ability to use 32GB micro SD cards, I am only able to format and use a 16GB SD card with the 942L now.

This is a major f***up! D-link please fix this ASAP.

bengy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »

It seems I'm having the same issue, on both of my cameras.
Please Dlink, verify and correct it!

bengy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2014, 02:47:16 AM »

It seems I'm having the same issue, on both of my cameras.
Please Dlink, verify and correct it!

For now, it seems I have solved the problem on both of my cameras formatting the Sd-Card.

:)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 08:52:44 AM »

. . . I am planning to downgrade to v1.22 to test the functionality from that firmware version. If I still run into issues, I may be returning this device for a refund.

Any update on this issue?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 08:53:45 AM »

I have tried both on and then turning off PIR-sensor. The web-gui indicates motion with the icon in live view, but the recording indicator is not flashing, and no mail or file on the sd-card. Don't know what to try next, except going back to 1.22.

Given the number of reported email-related issues for v1.23, I've escalated this to D-Link and will post back if I hear anything.  ;)

While posting issues in this forum is a great means of sharing information with other members and notifying D-Link of issues, D-Link escalates issues for resolution based on the volume of calls received through the official D-Link support desk. If D-Link receives a large number of calls pertaining to the same issue, that issue is more likely to be escalated as a problem for investigation and resolution. As such, in addition to posting issues in this forum, forum members are encouraged to call the toll free D-Link support desk to report their issue: 1-888-851-6464.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »

I heard back from D-Link and the email issue DCS-942L owners are posting about is already known by D-Link, and they are working to correct the issue. I will post back if I learn more.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5