• March 28, 2024, 05:29:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router connected to internet (supposedly) but no access  (Read 2426 times)

AdrianJAR

• Level 1 Member
Router connected to internet (supposedly) but no access
« on: May 25, 2019, 12:30:25 AM »

Hello, I have the D-Link AC1900 (DIR-878). It’s worked decently since I got it about a year and a half ago. Today out of the blue I lost connectivity on all my devices, even though they all showed as being “connected”. I power cycled the router, all my devices, as well as the fiber internet Access Point device. Did each of these several times, shutting down AP first, then router. When router boots up, after a minute or two all LEDs go green and devices will connect to the WiFi without errors. Yet when I try to visit a website or use any other online features, I can’t. I get an error saying I’m not connected to the internet.
I’ve tried renewing IP, and changed LAN’s IP address as well. I reset everything again, and issue persists.
I bypassed the router and went straight from the AP to a PS4 to test and it worked with the router out of the circuit. I was able to use streaming services that way. Using the router with a LAN cable on the other hand didn’t work.
Whats strange is that all my devices say they’re connected, when I look at my network center it says I’m connected to the internet. When I go to my D-Link network manager it also says I’m connected to the internet. Yet I got no access on any of my devices.
Does anyone have any suggestions for this issue?

Thanks,
Adrian

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Router connected to internet (supposedly) but no access
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 10:20:19 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?
  • Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  Link> >FW Update Process

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.