• April 27, 2024, 03:02:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2.02NA and Shareport Issues  (Read 5821 times)

WJames

• Level 1 Member
2.02NA and Shareport Issues
« on: August 15, 2009, 05:48:49 PM »

I just received a new revision B 825 yesterday.  I installed the latest firmware, and I've generally been happy with the connectivity and throughput.  However, Shareport has been buggy (even with the 1.10 version).  I have an HP 5200 printer connected to the router.  If I restart the router, the USB indicator is lit, and I can then connect and print.  However, once I disconnect, Shareport shows the printer but I can no longer connect to it.  The router USB indicator isn't even lit.  Sharepoint just shows "Connecting" for about a minute and then returns to "Available".

Is this an issue with previous releases of the firmware?  If not, are there other issues that would make restoring a previous firmware a bad idea?  Will the router even let me restore a previous release?

Is there a new revision B beta firmware available that might resolve this issue?  If there is a tech monitoring this forum, I'd be happy to help test a new release.  Just drop me an email.

Thanks much for any assistance with this matter.
W James

WJames

• Level 1 Member
Re: 2.02NA and Shareport Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »

One more note on this issue...

I mentioned that after I restart the router I can connect to the printer and print.  Well, that's not always true.  Sometimes, after a restart, I can connect/print.  Other times, no.

Tyler Durden

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »

I'm having the same trouble with a Canon Inkjet MP500.  I wish someone could tell me how to fix this. :'(

BoostMasterK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 08:03:57 PM »

I'm having the same trouble, with a USB HDD or thumbdrive.  I set up the USB for the network drive on the original RevB firmware and it worked, now after the 2.02NA upgrade the USB light won't light and the networked computers don't see a USB device in Shareport.

I went into the router setup options and although the instructions say I can select "Network USB" it doesn't show up in the pick list.   

This is the main reason I chose this router, and now that routing is finally stable with 2.02NA, I lost the USB Shareport function.  Help!

Mike

GoPSU2

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »

Does anyone from D-Link read these messages?  Several postings on the same issue, yet there is no resolution.

D-LINK... PLEASE HELP US!!!

ChickenMan

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »

I don't use share port myself, ..but I saw this post with a beta firmware for B1 hardware and it mentions a possible shareport fix.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8958.0