• March 18, 2024, 07:01:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DAP-1360 drops connection  (Read 93356 times)

jeason

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1360 drops connection
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 01:01:31 AM »

RMA the unit and insist on a B1 Hardware version replacement.
I have an RMA logged with D-Link but there is no H/W B1 available in th UK yet.
The H/W A1 BOX is a total desaster.

Is this problem fixed in B1 H/W? Let me know please coz im having hard time dealing with this in A1 H/W..tnx

jeason

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »

D-link tech where are you? No solution for this one?

AllanDC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 08:59:58 AM »

Sorry for the words.... but DAP-1360 is a bit of s***... Very unstable...

IŽll search for another AP, good bye D-LINK.

furlong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 11:50:09 AM »

I bought two of these recently and can confirm a disconnection issue exists in the DAP-1360 h/w  v. B1 f/w v. 2.10. The wireless connection actually remains, but network connectivity is lost (no ping). It seems to have a problem with my Atheros-based client. My Broadcom-based client stays connected. Both are wireless-g clients. Never had this problem with my pair of DWL-2100AP (h/w v. A4) APs (or any other AP). I was hoping for less latency but didn't get it either. I'm preparing to return both units.

quickk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 11:50:30 PM »

Count me in as another person with the same dropped signal problems.   I actually have two of these, and both suffer from the same issues. 

I have just called d-link for the fourth time now, and the latest hoop they have me jumping through is to change my encryption from WPA2 to WPA.  It's been 10 minutes so far, and no dropped signals...

Could this be the problem?  Are you guys using WPA2 encryption?

britord

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »

Count me in as another person with the same dropped signal problems.   I actually have two of these, and both suffer from the same issues. 

I have just called d-link for the fourth time now, and the latest hoop they have me jumping through is to change my encryption from WPA2 to WPA.  It's been 10 minutes so far, and no dropped signals...

Could this be the problem?  Are you guys using WPA2 encryption?
Have same issue, how is working after  dlink support call?

quickk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »

Have same issue, how is working after  dlink support call?

I have called dlink 6 times now.  No use.  Nothing they have suggested works.  I'll try one more time with their senior engineer, but I'm pretty sure that the problem is that the dap 1360 is a piece of crap, and nothing can be done.

coraxam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 09:45:18 AM »

Hello to everyone,

I have also suffered from the periodic drops of the link made through the DAP-1360.

I am quite sure that I found the solution, but it still needs to be 100% proven.

Just make 100% sure that the channel of both devices (DAP-1360 and the DIR-655 in my case) is 100% teh same, and not set to automatic.

What happens is that you will make your connection, but every that many minutes (3600 seconds), your end device will handshake again, and it will get confused because it sees the same SSID on more than 1 channel.

I went on both devices, and indeed the dAP-1360 was set to channel 6 (and for whatever reason I was not able to change this value - due to the wizard think - I presume) and the DIR-655 was set on channel 8. I had to adapt the DIR-655 and problem went away. Changing the value on the main device will not hurt any end station, since it always scans all channels anyhow.

I'd say, try that, and I hope it will fix all your problems.

Coraxam

petterost

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 02:47:52 PM »

I had similar problems: I have a DIR-655 as  a router, and tried to hook up the DAP-1360 both as a repeater and as a separate ap, but every 1-2 days the connection was lost. In my case it seems like the 1360 has problem with relaying DHCP-acknowledgment from the router. I could see in the log on the DIR-655 that in had in fact got an DHCP-request from the wireless device, and had given it an IP-adress, but for some reason the 1360 did not relay it to the device. I guess it might had worked if I had used the DHCP-server on the 1360 instead, but then I couldn't use use the guest wifi network on the DIR-655.

Also, the signal strength varied a lot even when i used a device ( a Samsung Galaxy Tab) just a couple of meters from it.

Must say I was very disappointed with this product from D-Link, it was not particularly cheap, had a bad performance and a very bare bone firmware. My recommendation is to avoid this product or return it if you bought it and have problem with it.

In the end I returned it and bought a TP-Link (TL-WA901N) accessspoint instead. It was cheaper,  have more features and been rock steady with an excellent signal strength. Highly recommended.

TReKiE

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »

Just to repeat what's already been said -- don't buy these.

I also have two of them.  I've tried (one at one time) in extender mode, as a normal access point, and also using both in a wireless bridge setup.

And in all cases, after a few days -- full signal, no connection.  Of course, there's all the other issues that have been mentioned here that you can compensate for which will extend the "life" a little longer, like DHCP (and other broadcasts) dying, trying to make sense of the syslog, and going through each configuration option meticulously looking for the magic one that will stop the regular disconnects.

I even went as far as to write up a script which logs into the device and reboots it nightly which extended the full power cycle time of the device up to a few weeks while being an access point (less in the other modes).  But at the end of the day, several times a month I'm back down to the power outlet to reset it manually.

Naturally it's too late to return them and I have no idea what really to do with them, besides paper weights. >:(  If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. 

As a final note, both are Rev A1s, but it seems from this thread that the B rev isn't any better.

britord

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 06:50:18 AM »

Try new firmware. Release recently.

quickk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »

The new firmware does not solve the problem.   WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU DLINK?

Guyon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 07:01:19 AM »

I can't believe this, I too have a DAP-1360 rev A.

I run a small guest house and have 6 access points plus DIR-655 router (which has been brilliant with no issues, I have a server and mostly Mac laptops.

I replaced one of my aging Linksys access points with this box and some higher DB antenna, Nothing but problems, guests complaining about dropped connections, eventually I put the Linksys AP back... no problems... upgraded the firmware, used it in the office. Get connected, but it drops and even when connected we can't log into our Snow Leopard Server... despite it being listed... switch to RJ45 cable connection and bingo no problem...

This hardware is JUNK!

I am so pissed off with D-Link, what is wrong with them, they should have fixed this by now or recalled and replaced... NOT BUYING D-LINK EVER AGAIN... Linksys or TP-Link from now on.

I have two TP-Link AP's which do everything the D-Link one does, but they jointly cost less than the one D-Link PAPER WEIGHT!

Sugarbear

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 10:09:07 AM »

I've set this unit up as both an access point (over powerline) and a repeater.

Interestingly, although setting it up as a repeater was a ROYAL PAIN, it was much more reliable.  No resets, no issues, good range.

As an access point, I'm resetting this thing every two days.  I have half a mind to pay the extra and go for an AirPort extreme/express combo...

Primordial

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »

Hope this helps some of you guys.  This is what I did, and you'd think D-Link would support this by explaining this to ppl purchasing the DAP-1360.

To set up the DAP-1360 use its wizard setup (http://192.168.0.50).

Use the WIZARD link under SETUP and follow the instructions.  When you have that all setup log back into the DAP-1360(if you need to) and click ADVANCED.
Now click on the ACCESS CONTROL link.
Next to Access Control:  Chose Accept from the drop down box.  Next to Connected PCs: Chose your wireless device's MAC address and click Clone.
Click on Save Settings after each device you add.  This should take care of your problem.

BTW I am using a DIR-655 router with the DAP-1360 as my Repeater.  So far I haven't had any of the drop issues I was having every 2 minutes
before I did this.  Oh and another thing I found to be my case is that the Signal Strength from the DIR-655 to the DAP-1360 couldn't be below 50%.
I had the strength at 44% and so just as many drops.  I moved my DAP-1360 a little closer to my router and now it is about 66% and working great.
I don't have the dead spots I used to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3