• March 18, 2024, 07:07:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DAP-1360 drops connection  (Read 93356 times)

Nova

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1360 drops connection
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:13:54 AM »

Hi all

I have just purchased the AP mentioned and I seem to lose signal when I connect several pc's/laptops to it.
I have tested it for more than 2 hours without a signal drop on a single laptop and it works fine.

In case you are wondering User limits are disabled

Thanking in advance

Nova

Alex - DEQ

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1360 drops connection
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 07:15:28 AM »

hi,

I have a DAP-1360 laptop with WinXP and are losing connectivity, leaving no or limited even with a very good sign.

can anyone help me?

eswenson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »

I recently purchased a DAP-1360 range extender. When it is plugged in, laptops in the vicinity show excellent (strong) signals and internet connectivity is great -- for a while. Every couple miniutes or so (sometimes more frequently), the laptops show a dropped connection. After 10 or 15 seconds, the connection comes back (and is again strong/fast).  If I unplug the DAP-1360, I have no problems whatsoever -- no dropped connections.

(You might wonder why I am using the extender if everything works fine without it. In fact, I'm trying to get another device, further away from my regular access point to work and believe I need the extender.  However, both it, and the laptops that are right next to the extender get dropped connections when the extender is enabled).

Should I return the unit?  I am using a linksys access point, but the saleperson assured me that the D-Link range extender should work fine with the linksys wireless access point.

-- Eric

wireless@home

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »

I'm having the same issue.  Using a D-Link DIR-655, and using the DAP-1360 as a range extender (repeater).  Any help? Anyone?

bwalan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 07:57:01 AM »

I am seeing the same issue when trying to use it as a repeater. The dap-1360 is be fine ( strong signal and consitent ping to internnet ) for 10 minutes and then it would bring my entire network, consisting of a DAP-1522 and DIR-655 to a halt. If I reset the dap-1360 it works for 10 minuets and then the same thing happens. There are no firmware updates or responses from dlink tech support. I am returning this unit it does not work as a repeater. Of course, if I unplug the dap-1360 my entire network works great again. By great I mean no dropped packets and good speed test to Internet.

Can a dlink tech comment on what is going on ? Is there a beta firmware I can test ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:10:22 PM by bwalan »

brisbourne

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 09:07:26 AM »

I had the same problem but fixed it by following a suggestion on another forum thread which was to turn off the 802.11N.  Specifically I am using a DIR-615 as my access point and I restricted that to B&G mixed and I am using the DAP-1360 as a repeater/extender and I restricted that to G only.

Previously I had them both set to B&G&N.  So far this has been working well with my iPad.

I also set the preamble to short and tweaked a couple of the other settings so the 615 and the 1360 were both the same, but I think it was putting to to G that made the difference.

trentg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »

I have the exact same issue. I just turned off N mode (set it to G only) and I'm going to see if that "fixes" it. A firmware fix would be better though, if N is broken on this router.

trentg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 07:52:45 AM »

I switched over to G like I said, but it hasn't stopped the problem. The connection drops out for 10-30 seconds and it does it fairly often.

grimreaper

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »

man why cant people just set it up properly wow i have noooo problems i guess im lucky
Owns D-Link DWA-552(1.60) DAP-1360(1.02) DIR-655(1.34NA) and DGL-4500(1.22NA) OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Qsb5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 02:57:41 AM »

I'm also having the same problem. Switching it to g only does not help. I'm using dir-825 as my router. It's amazing how his thread has gotten so many views. It seems like there are a lot of people experiencing this problem. I hope a d-link rep can help us with this issue as This problem is very widespread. It really sucks being kept in the dark with no solution.  :-[

FreeJAC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »

Same problem here. Tried two different 1360s on two different routers a DIR-615 and a Linksys WRT54G2. Same results. There has got to be something simple that will make this thing work. I really need it to work properly! Can someone please post all their working settings?

One tip a friend of mine gave me after he was fighting for many hours getting a d-link router to work is to make sure you use the wizard to configure it. Using manual settings seem to give you various results. I tried that for the DIR-615 and the issues I had previously went away. I don't know if it was a coincidence though. 

codemonkey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 08:17:34 AM »

Please make this topic sticky since it is obviously the thread that receives the most interest and provide a update on the status of any fixes. 

I am also having a problem with dropped connections when using the DAP-1360 as a wireless repeater for a DIR-615 router.  Occasionally (about once every 3 weeks) it seems to be necessary to do a hard reset and set up the DAP-1360 again after which the number of dropped connections seems to be reduced for a while.

Is there anyone from D-Link reading this forum?  If yes then the following is directed to them for response:

1>  Is there a known problem (as in known to DLINK, not known to the many people having problems with the DAP-1360) with this product that would lead to dropped connections or corruption of the device settings?
   -  If so, has it been fixed in the latest hardware revision of this product?
   -  Is there a new firmware that can fix the problem? (my current version is 1.02)
   -  If it is not fixable via a firmware upgrade, is there an option to upgrade the hardware at a reduced cost or does the fix involve throwing out the device?

2>  What is the latest version of the firmware? 
   -  http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=DAP-1360 does not list any firmware updates for download, but I see references to v1.03 and v2.10 in various forum posts here and elsewhere on the web.
   -  Where can the firmware be downloaded from?

jeason

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »

I got the same problem here. Users says they're connected to internet but unable to browse web pages. I need to restart(by turning off/on the power) the DAP-1360 inorder to have it fix temporarily. This is a huge bug for the DAP-1360 and we need immediate response to this one.

Device H/W: A1
Device F/W Ver.: V1.03

Please D-link pay attention to this one..this is clearly a bug. PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE..
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:51:52 PM by jeason »

FelixTG

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 02:32:48 AM »

I'm also having the same problem. When the DAP-1360 is set up as repeater, I'm able to connect to the internet (don't know the speed). But every PC or NAS after the DIR-615 (working as router and cable modem) won't connect to any computer going over the DAP-1360. Even if the DAP-1360 is sitting aside the PC. So this is not of the wireless connections or any disturbance by other devices. This may be a problem of the device itself. When I connect my PC wireless directly to the DIR-615 everything works great. So this really looks like faulty hard- or software. D-Link please help. You're support team doesn't seem to take this seriously. Or is someone working on this issue. There are other threads where people discuss about problems with the DAP-1360!

DAP-1360 Fw 1.03

GMCinema

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 05:08:47 AM »

RMA the unit and insist on a B1 Hardware version replacement.
I have an RMA logged with D-Link but there is no H/W B1 available in th UK yet.
The H/W A1 BOX is a total desaster.
Pages: [1] 2 3