• March 29, 2024, 07:27:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-930L Wireless setup problems  (Read 20103 times)

Meadows47

• Level 1 Member
DCS-930L Wireless setup problems
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »

I had to get a new router from verizon cause the old one died. so i reset the camera and wipe all the dlink software and settings. I then start fresh. i get all the way to choosing wireless and input the password. It states that there is a problem saving your settings. I tells me nothing more. I spent 4 hours on the phone with tech support and i can get it working through wired but I can't put it in my childs room wired. it worked perfectly before the router switch. funny thing is that its the same brand and model router. I cringe at the thought of calling tech support again... all they kept telling me was reset the camera and run setup again. Wits end...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L Wireless setup problems
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »

Did you try logging into the camera GUI through your browser and manually inputting the wireless settings? The setup application is essentially auto-populating the same data fields.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 11:08:38 AM »

Another key point to consider: After your router and camera are properly configured and working, I strongly suggest you download a copy of the config settings for both devices (camera and router) and store them on your PC or other media for easy retrieval.  This approach will enable you to quickly restore your settings and save immeasurable time.

Meadows47

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »

Even though I set up the password... I cannot get into the device itself using the GUI. I've tried my password... no password... password and admin it will not let me in. also how do i get the config settings once this is resolved... thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

Even though I set up the password... I cannot get into the device itself using the GUI. I've tried my password... no password... password and admin it will not let me in. also how do i get the config settings once this is resolved... thanks

You can reset the DCS to the factory default settings using the following process: "To reset your camera, use an unfolded paperclip to press and hold the RESET button for at least 3 seconds while your camera is plugged in." Once reset you should be able to access the web GUI using the factory default login credentials.

To save your configuration credentials, open the DCS GUI and navigate to Maintenance -> System -> "Save to Local Hard Drive".  Your router will have a similar option.