• March 28, 2024, 01:24:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time and firmware 1.08  (Read 16985 times)

zmcmahan

• Level 1 Member
Daylight Savings Time and firmware 1.08
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

I have my time set up to automatically adjust for Dalight Savings Time. Well...needless to say, this did not happen this morning. I have it also set up to take the time from the NTP server. When I set it up to get the time from my computer, it's is correct, but when I got back to the NTP server, it switches back an hour earlier.

Is it possible that the NTP server is not updated for DST yet?

Anyone else run into this?

Firmware 1.08.

starion

• Level 1 Member
Re: Daylight Savings Time and firmware 1.08
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »

Yes, I have run into it as well.  It seems unlikely that it is an NTP server issue, as I am using an NTP server that is not one of the default choices.

jrak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »

Same here.  I had to set it manually and disable the NTP server.

bripab007

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »

I'm also in the same boat.  All the other devices on my network get their time from the same NTP server, but they're all correct...

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »

Since the time on all the Windows machines were updated for me, but the DNS-323 and DNS-321 are not updated, I'd say this is yet another D-Link bug.  ::)

Low class but working solution.  Set your timezone to one east of you, I'm on the East Coast, and I set it for Atlantic time and saved the settings, not the time is right.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:39:50 PM by gunrunnerjohn »
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

abellofi

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »

NTP requests only serve up GMT.
It is certainly not an NTP issue; this is squarely a Dlink issue.  I find that changing the DST date does absolutely nothing noticable :(

FWIW:  Keep NTP enabled and disable DST.  Simply change the "Time Zone" instead.
Ex.  For EST, instead of GMT-5, use GMT-4 to "spring ahead" manually and still use NTP.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:40:32 PM by abellofi »

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »

Ex.  For EST, instead of GMT-5, use GMT-4 to "spring ahead" manually and still use NTP.
See previous post. ;)

zmcmahan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:15:41 AM »

Well...at least I'm not the only one with the problem. Used the poor man's solution of changing time zones and disabling DST. Thanks for all the replys.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 09:56:36 AM »

I have to believe this is a universal issue, at least with 1.08.  I've reset to factory defaults and reconfigured, it still doesn't get the correct time.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »

Telnetting seems to indicate the DNS323 uses GMT locally
/ # date
Mon Mar 15 15:18:57 GMT 2010

This should be EDT in my case Mon Mar 15 15:18:57 EDT 2010. (as per my other linux servers)

Did this work in previous releases? I haven't had my unit long enough to go through a time change before.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

j.smith

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 12:43:40 PM »

I just checked my NAS and have the same problem as well (1.08, factory defaulted and reconfigured).  I am in EST, so -5 and I selected to enable DST and configured it for 03/15 and 11/07, however it hasn't changed the time by an hour yet.

On a side note, configuring the actual day that DST should start and stop isn't entirely accurate, as I believe the rules are (for my location at least) 2nd Sunday of March and First Sunday of November.  So, the actual dates will vary each year.

You should use the same method of configuration as you have in the DIR-825 where it picks the day of the week, not the specific date.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »

They should pick any method that works properly.  ::)

wjgw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 12:20:30 AM »

Similar problem from last month....

I am trying to get the setup to recognise daylight saving in Australia (Oct to Apr).  If I try to set these dated I get an 'Invalid Date' error response.  It seem the setup doesn't like a start date after the end (in terms of mm/dd).  I need DST to work from Oct 4 (10/04) to Apr (04/04).  Any start dates fromm last year give the error, start dates from this year (01/01) are accpected, but even these don't adjust the time (which stays at UTC, from a time server, plus local timse zone offset).

Just updated to the release v1.08.  Same symptoms.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:55:52 PM by wjgw »    

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »

Well, that's not as big an issue as you might think, since the capability doesn't work anyway!  At least it doesn't fool you into thinking it might work. :D

MisterJumpMan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 07:29:37 AM »

I've had some weird issue that the night that Daylight Savings occurred, the DNS-323 (on 1.08) did not update its time (just like all of you). But the following morning, when I tried to stream video from it to my PS3, the PS3 locked up. Now it can't stream video without my PS3 locking up when I try to do so from browsing through folders on PS3 (it still works if I stream a video from the "Show All Videos" option).
  The only thing that changed between Saturday night (3/13) when it was working, and Sunday morning (3/14) when it began freezing, was Daylight Savings. I also had put in Uncharted 2 for the first time, and it updated the title to 1.06, so I erased the title update, and rebuilt the Hard Drive Database and File System (via the PS3 service menu), and it didn't change anything.
Pages: [1] 2