• March 28, 2024, 04:07:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Can't associate 2 cams with the same myDlink account  (Read 50748 times)

kaiserskier

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't associate 2 cams with the same myDlink account
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »

Same problem here. I managed to associate 2 cams to the same D-Link account but I run into the "invalid e-mail and password combination" issue when trying to associate the third camera. All cameras were purchased brand new so no chance of association being locked with previous owner account as suggested here. I tried both wired and wifi connections, always same problem. Only way to get this third camera to work is to associate with a NEW account.

D-LINK could you please comment? This problem has been running for a year now!

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 09:05:16 AM »

I have DCS-942L and DCS-932L using 1 myDlink account.  They work fine and I can view both them from the internet.  Haven't tried 932L.

Try to use the installer CD from the box. 
My 942L CD cannot detect 932L and vice-versa.

goodfera

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »

:'( :'( :'(

Yes there is definitely a problem, having used set up CD to no availa to set up 2 cameras on same account.

So fix well overdue and support attention appreciated, or we need to all escalate with D-Link Management.

Thanks in anticipation support.

GKreviews

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »

Hello D-Link.....   are you there?

I have the same problem of not being able to associate 2 D-Link 932L cameras to the same account. I have spent hours trying the posted solutions. No luck. (Thanks! to all you forum participants that have given some much time.)

We can only assume D-Link does not want its customers to refer others to their products.  :-\

xleo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20:44 PM »

ok, I found out whats the problem (at least in my case)... you cannot have cameras from different regions registered under tha same mydlink account (I bought 4 in the US 2 in europe), even if you load the same firmware (so its a hardware rule). . Explanation found here (and there is no way around for this or a fix):
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52632.0
other people experiencing the same problem:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52397.0

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »

Please see this link: mydlink.com - Rules for Device Association with Regional mydlink.com Accounts

As the prior poster xleo suggested, it's possible that the inability to associate particular D-Link cameras with a mydlink account may be due to the camera's region of origin. I just became aware of this information a few days ago and posted the above referenced sticky post.

Please visit the sticky post above and make sure the region(s) where you purchased your cameras are within the same "site" as the mydlink account you are attempting to associate.

Please post back and share your findings.

As of this posting, I am unaware of any special code or marks on the camera hardware or web UI that can identify the camera as belonging to a particular "site"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:28:47 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

zem

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »

???

Any ETA?
I really can't understand why this still isn't resolved...
I travel alot, and still have to log into several accounts to check every camera?

Must admit, if this isn't fixed in a reasonably timed fashion I will sell all my cameras. Can't really tell I ever will
buy a d-link product ever again if this isn't resolved, can't even tell how many hours i have wasted trying to setup everything correctly!

Hoping D-link will fix this issue  :(

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »

I haven't received any information specifying an ETA.  :-\

santhy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 06:58:48 AM »

Alleluja, at least I understand the issue now.
I just can not understand why it took so long to get to the bottom of it (thanks xleo).
When I think of the hours I spent with dlink support going nowhere, what a waste of time...

I have to agree with zem that not having an ETA is frankly not acceptable.
Working in project management, you always have an ETA (and anyway it is ESTIMATED).

So come DLink, show a little more consideration for your customers!
S.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »

A possible solution is to flash the cams with firmware from the same region, selection your home region as the default. But you take that risk yourself. Just my suggestion.

Don't quote me, but I believe the issue is firmware-independent.  Something to do with the cameras themselves.

santhy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 01:57:10 AM »

I dont believe firmware update solves the issue as I tried many firmwares for the US based camera (UK / french / hongkong firmware) and I was never able to associate the cam with my account where I have europreans cameras already registered.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »

D-Link just published a new mobile app called Justconnect+ which may provide some measure of relief. I haven't yet had the opportunity to personally test this app, but from reading the description it seems to associate webcams via direct IP rather than the mydlink service.

Justconnect+ Mobile App

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2013, 09:59:23 PM »

D-Link just published a new mobile app called Justconnect+ which may provide some measure of relief. I haven't yet had the opportunity to personally test this app, but from reading the description it seems to associate webcams via direct IP rather than the mydlink service.

Justconnect+ Mobile App

Nice.  Too bad I don't have Apple products (okay,an old Ipod 2.0 which isn't on the compatible list)

ANDROID 4 life!!!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »

Nice.  Too bad I don't have Apple products (okay,an old Ipod 2.0 which isn't on the compatible list)

ANDROID 4 life!!!

Found new forum...discussion over there about Android..

No more discussion here...

laters'

roger_holbrook

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2013, 01:36:12 PM »

I have 4 930L

Two that came with 1.06 and 1.40CD and two that came with 1.02 and 1.40CD.
All 4 upgraded to 1.06. The failing camera was dropped from mydlink. Every thing else works. But no way to get it to mydlink.

One  with the 1.02 in the box I reset to try and reinstall D-ViewCam to see if it would allow each camera to be set to a different server by assigning multiple IP's to the server.
I was thinking it needed to start from scratch with mydlink signed on.
The Wizard reached the point where it asks to change the password and fails at that point.It fails there after reset. Reset sets the password to blank. It fails no matter what the password is set to.  Installation order from the box was   1.02 , failing 1.02, the two 1.06's.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4