• March 28, 2024, 01:52:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't log into Router from One Computer  (Read 3839 times)

Mightydathin

• Level 1 Member
Can't log into Router from One Computer
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »

I just received my shiny new DGL-4100 router.  I tried to set it up before adding it to my network, but with no success since the web interface was completely unavailable to me.  I was Presented with a web page takes to long to respond error.

I added the router to my network in order to perform further testing.  Where in I discovered that i had full access to the routers configurations from every other computer on my network, Windows Server 03, 08, XP and Windows 7.  All different web browsers all different versions of Java.  Yet no matter what changes I make i still can not get to the configuration page from my primary computer.

Whats up?

Mightydathin

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't log into Router from One Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 03:59:12 PM »

Further testing has eliminated Virus, Malware, Java, Firmware, compromised host file, and proxies.  I havn't ruled out some other form of redirect since every time I attempt to log on to the router from my computer the log file reads Block Outbound ICMP (ICMP type 3) Packet destination X.  Where x is an I.P. address that can be traced to south east China.