• March 28, 2024, 03:31:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to Setup DNS 320  (Read 4265 times)

doi

• Level 1 Member
How to Setup DNS 320
« on: July 18, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »

Hi Guys,

Does anybody knows what will happen when DNS 320 got Crushed, is it hard to recover and what shall i do...
Pls help! :)

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: How to Setup DNS 320
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »

If you mean physically crushed then there may not be very much you can do because of broken parts.  If, on the other hand you mean crashed then you can try restarting and see what happens, you could also try a reset (located between the power and LAN sockets.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: How to Setup DNS 320
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:21 AM »

Hi Guys,

Does anybody knows what will happen when DNS 320 got Crushed, is it hard to recover and what shall i do...
Pls help! :)

If the DNS-320 is physically damaged and the HDDs are still intact, you can insert the HDDs into a new DNS-320 and the data should be accessible. As an alternative, the DNS-320 formats HDDs using the Linux file system, so you can mount the HDDs in a Linux PC (or Windows PC with an app that reads the Linux file system) to extract the data.

If the DNS-320 crashed, you can reset the unit to the factory defaults using the button on the rear of the device. If this doesn't work there are other options available.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC