• April 16, 2024, 01:45:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with dcs 3420 camera while trying to go wireless  (Read 11126 times)

miroslav_s

• Level 1 Member
Problem with dcs 3420 camera while trying to go wireless
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:47:57 PM »

Hello everyone,

This is me first post so be nice :)
I bought 2 used dlink dcs 3420 cameras a couple of days ago. Installing the cameras went just fine and I they are working well while connected with ethernet cable. The problem is when I try to establish wireless connection. Now, I followed the instruction in pdf file that I downloaded from dlink website. There it says that when installing the camera I have to connect first the Ethernet cable and then plug in the wireless antenna. When the installation is finished then I can disconnect the Ethernet cable and the camera should establish wireless connection. But this is not happening.
The camera is talking to my DIR-524 wireless router just fine. With this I mean that I can type the ip address into an Internet Explorer address field and it streams video just fine. Then I press the “configuration” button and after that “wireless” button and there I can see all the information about my wireless network. All that seems fine so I don´t know where I am making mistakes. As soon as I pull out the Ethernet cable the connection is lost and the led lamp on the back of the camera is blinking red and green all the time.
I almost forgot to mention:of course I did the portforwarding of camera in my dlink 524 as well.

So please if you can help me I would be grateful!
Best regards and thanks in advance
Miro

miroslav_s

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem with dcs 3420 camera while trying to go wireless
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:14:11 AM »

Nobody? ??? :(

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

What does the red and green blinking mean?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:07:03 PM »

did you uncheck this option?

Reset the IP address at next boot - This setting is enabled by default for ease of installation. Once the IP Address is set, the camera will retain the IP Address settings until you change it or perform a hardware reset which will reset all the configurations to default. If you wish to keep this IP address you must uncheck this box.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »

Here is a link to the manual in case anyone was wondering

http://www.manualowl.com/m/D-Link/DCS-3420/Manual/157172

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

miroslav_s

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »

Thanks! Had to reset IP address as you wrote.
Thanks again. Now the cameras are working fine, BUT  the visibility is terrible in the dark. Is there a way to fix this. What I mean is I also bought some cheaper ip cameras that have built in sensors so that they can see in the dark. It seems a little strange that dcs 3420 can't see in the dark or is it something I need to set in the settings.
Thanks in advance and God bless you.
Miro

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 04:14:51 PM »

Thanks! Had to reset IP address as you wrote.
Thanks again. Now the cameras are working fine, BUT  the visibility is terrible in the dark. Is there a way to fix this. What I mean is I also bought some cheaper ip cameras that have built in sensors so that they can see in the dark. It seems a little strange that dcs 3420 can't see in the dark or is it something I need to set in the settings.
Thanks in advance and God bless you.
Miro

Hah! that was just a guess.

I don't know "how bad" your night image is, but I don't think you are going to be able to see in total darkness.

http://voip.guntly.com:82/DCS3420.jpg

This is a live 3420 cam, so it looks like it is getting dark there.  I guess you could check it whenever it's night time there.

http://torbay.net/camhistory2/DCS-3420.jpg

I don't see anything about an ICR switch on newegg.com description, and I'm not going to read the manual again, but it appears there is only a low light sensor. So adding infrareds separately probably won't help.

Maybe someone else can clarify.

My DCS 2230 has a Minimum Illumination: 0.12 lux.

The 3420 is Built-in 0.5 Lux Sensor for Low-Light Conditions.

You might try turning up the brightness in the software settings if that is possible.  I can see a lot more with my 2230 doing that.

miroslav_s

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 12:41:35 AM »

Thanks RYAT 3 for all the help.

It seems that dcs 3420 can´t see at all in total dark and extra light is nessecery otherwise it is totally useless.

Once again thanks RYAT 3.

Well I had to modify my post and ask you RYAT3 if you can help me with this:
You see I have problem with getting the Picture/video from my DCS3420.When I try to connect to my DCS 3420 from another network I manage to establish connection with the camera but there is no live picture/video on the website. All other things like buttons on the left side on the website are visible and they work as well. The strange thing is that when I press the SNAPSHOT a new window pops up and then I can see the footage that the camera took. When I try to connect to the camera with Main Consule or with the Installation Wizard I can see the live video from the camera. So what is the problem then?
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Miroslav

Best regards to you all
M
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:50:35 PM by miroslav_s »